The primary responsibility of the NERC Compliance Analyst is to support the PSGC NERC Reliability Standards Compliance Program and ensuring that PSGC is compliant with all standards supporting the reliability of the bulk electrical system, especially applicable FERC/NERC/SERC regulations and standards. Tasks include monitoring compliance activities, coordinating audits, preparing reports, and developing and maintaining performance metrics. The candidate will exhibit an interest in and commitment to improving our system reliability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, any one of the following assigned areas:
- Being knowledgeable of all existing, revised and new NERC standards and regulations; conducting regular assessments of draft regulations/standards and assessing their potential impact on PSGC’s operations and budgets.
- Development of plans and procedures to ensure PSGC is compliant with all reliability standards and regulations
- Acting as a NERC/SERC standards and regulations technical resource to other departments;
- Develop and/or review all PSGC generated NERC document filings
- Technical contact for NERC/SERC staff for compliance related issues/questions.
- Coordinate/conduct all self audits and reports per SERC requirements.
- Lead all reliability on-site audits. Compile any request for information from reliability regulator entities. Initiate any investigations as required for potential violations and issue self-reporting per SERC requirements. Review all notifications of standard revisions and involve respective SME as needed for input and comments.
- Help develop an overall “Compliance Culture” within PSGC through internal outreach, training and communication.
- Update and Implement PSGC’s Internal Compliance Program.
- Position may also make periodic presentations to employees, Senior Management and the Committees on regulatory issues and strategies.
- Attend industry seminars and conferences as needed
- Ensure all periodic requirements are completed on time
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties in assigned area in a satisfactory fashion. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and attitudes required for this employment position. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.
- Bachelors degree in a technical discipline; BS Electrical or Mechanical Engineering preferred. Will consider other degrees based on experience.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in electrical transmission or generation including experience in a NERC compliance program.
- Experience in cyber and physical security or related area preferred.
- Project management experience
- Working knowledge of NERC/SERC standards as they relate to a Generator Owner or a Generator Operator
- Working knowledge of planning, operation and design practices in the power industry
- Microsoft Office Suite, for preparation of presentations and reports.
Skills, abilities and physical requirements
- Ability to clearly communicate with co-workers, supervisors and others.
- Ability to perform work with a high degree of accuracy, strong attention to detail
- Ability to read and understand maintenance procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain a highly organized work environment
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Ability to work unsupervised as required.
- Ability to sit, stand, reach, stoop, and lift boxes weighing as much as 25 pounds.
The characteristics listed herein describe the work environment the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this employment position. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS. While performing the duties of this employment position, the employee:
- Must be able to walk distances of up to a quarter of a mile over rocky and uneven surfaces.
- Must be comfortable working in an industrial environment and around high pressure steam.