Location(s): CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
The Network Engineering Manager will serve as the technical lead responsible for the teams standardizing, documenting, and implementing the data and voice networks for various site types at Xcel Energy including substations, WAN aggregation, core backbone, service centers and corporate offices. The Network Engineering Manager will provide networking expertise needed to both create and evaluate design alternatives that impact performance, scalability, security, cost and operability.
- Portfolio and Financial Management - Assists Business Systems leadership in defining, refining and applying portfolio prioritization criteria. Manages IT demand including prioritization, release management, and requirements definition. Responsible to define requirements, manages scope, and coordinates delivery of solutions. Develops and manages budget. Provides oversight of IT investments in support of driving and realizing BU objectives. This would include creating and documenting detailed network designs using various WAN technologies (DWDM, MPLS, Ethernet, IP, satellite, microwave), implement designs as needed by various projects, equipment refreshes and new site deployments
- Strategy and Planning – Develops and executes BU Strategic Technology Plan and takes part in BU strategic planning sessions. Manages activities relative to BU IT Plan including application portfolio management, data security, disaster recovery requirements, and availability and fail-over capability of systems. Stays abreast of operational performance and impact to business. Working to formally transition ownership of implemented designs to the Network Operations team.
- Relationship Management - Initiates and maintains key relationships with customers to ensure processes are integrated to support customer expectations. Communicates effectively with business peers, IT peers and vendors to solve business/technical problems and provide technical solutions. Drives resolution of key customer concerns quickly and effectively. Partner with the Enterprise Architecture team to create Reference Architectures for the various site types at Xcel Energy. Mentor junior staff by assigning appropriate work tasks, reviewing progress and providing appropriate guidance to develop junior staff performance and capabilities
- Application, Infrastructure, and/or Network Support - Ensures delivery and support occurs effectively and efficiently. Drives quick resolution of issues in partnership with the support teams. Fosters enterprise systems life cycle management to ensure a current and cost-effective portfolio. Ensure that enterprise systems transition seamlessly from project to production.
- Resource Management - Providing guidance, leadership and mentoring. Develops resource plans to ensure optimum support for projects and day-to-day operation. Conducts performance reviews, provides input to pay decisions and implements positive discipline measures when necessary.
- Regulatory Support - Anticipates and responds to organizational and regulatory initiatives. Must understand and implement necessary procedures required to facilitate completion of operational changes. Serves as key respondent to all application audits.
- Business and Technology Acumen - Stays abreast of industry and technology trends to provide advice on strategic business and technology solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT Management, Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Master’s degree is highly desired.
- Ten years of enterprise systems support experience demonstrating a high level of responsibility supporting corporate applications, infrastructure, and/or network.
- Understands how to drive and implement strategic technology solutions in support of critical business functions.
- Demonstrated ability for independent decision making, supporting large customer groups, and providing guidance and direction to very visible projects.
- Demonstrated ability to assume higher level leadership roles and responsibilities in critical situations.
- Experience must include architecting and (ideally) implementing/supporting data center, enterprise and WAN networks.
- Relevant skills and knowledge for this position include 10+ years network experience with exposure to a majority of the following: DWDM, MPLS, Ethernet, IP, satellite, microwave
- Previous leadership experience preferred.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || Customer And Innovation || 56115:Network Engineering Design || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 18664
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com