Connexus Energy provides electric service to 130,000+ customer-members in a 7-county area just north of Minneapolis/St. Paul Minnesota. We are proud of our exceptional rankings in service reliability and customer service, and seek an individual who can help us continue to achieve outstanding results.
We have an immediate opening for a Residential Services Coordinator to serve as the main point of contact for our customers (developers, builders and internal staff) related to establishing new residential services. This role will provide project management, problem resolution and manage expectations while enhancing customer relations throughout the new residential services process.
Key Responsibilities & Results:
- Process all applications for new residential services accurately and in a timely manner to ensure construction timelines are met.
- Main point of contact for customers to process pre-construction requests, explain the construction process and ensure the accuracy of submitted materials such as application and site plan.
- Explain construction time frames and service implementation costs
- Inform customers of their action items and confirm dates of completion
- Create work order packets and maps of new build connects
- Request and manage Gopher State One Call tickets and stage materials as needed
- Verify all information, provided by all applicable parties, is recorded accurately within work order packet
- Provide customers with the details of the design process and explain Connexus Energy’s standards, specifications, and aid-to-construction policy to ensure they are met.
- Create billing accounts
- Create work orders including GIS maps
- Facilitate the coordination of work, internally and externally, to ensure work is completed in a timely manner.
- Complete reconciliation of each new service.
- Create aid-to-construction quotes, invoices and/or refunds
- Process and post payments
- Reconcile all material, labor and as-built to ensure accurate accounting, customer charges and mapping in GIS
- Participate in the development, implementation and execution of customer communication process.
- Communicate status updates with internal and external customers
- Develop process for notifying design engineers when meter base is installed.
- Monitor aging work orders and verify target start dates with builders.
- Communicate scheduled construction window and verify site is ready for installation.
- Participate in continuous improvement exercises to evaluate, identify and implement process improvements for residential service process
- Source improvement ideas by collecting information from customers.
- Work with IT for website improvements including the development of a Builder Portal.
- Identify improvements in current process including payment and permit submission
- Identify and improve payments for high volume builders
- Provide support to Field Operations department
- Provide backup support to department including assisting with service locate requests, resource planning, scanning/filing and outdoor lighting project management generation as needed.
Required Talents, Skills, Expertise, Education:
- High school diploma
- 2 years’ customer service experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office suite products: Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to develop technical knowledge of electric utility distribution, construction and maintenance
- Ability to develop technical knowledge of design process and components
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
Preferred Talents, Skills, Expertise, Education:
- 2 year Associates degree
- 3 years’ of experience related to construction and/or in electric utility industry
The application review process will begin on January 7, 2019
Compensation: This position offers a competitive wage and an attractive benefits package including medical, dental, life, disability insurance, 401(k), and tuition reimbursement.
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status.