PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The O&M Field Service Technician is responsible for maintaining Utility & Commercial PV plants in the field. Duties include maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing, and basic analyzing of PV plants, Utility & commercial inverter applications and all associated equipment and site assets.
PRIMARY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains, conducts basic troubleshooting & repairs, and analyzes Utility and commercial PV Plants and equipment in the field, via email, telephone and site visits.
- Develops a knowledge of SMA’s commercial inverter products, associated SMA accessories, and third party accessories.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of PV plant operations, designs and basis of operations and design.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the National Electric Code (NFPA 70), NFPA 70E, NESC.
- Regularly works with high voltage DC electricity, three phase AC power, and the relevant software and firmware of the PV SCADA and control systems and solar inverters.
- Maintains a high level of customer satisfaction while striving to lower the costs of O&M.
- Other duties as may be required or assigned.
REQUIRED TRAINING (TYPE / DURATION / FIELD / ADDITIONAL TRAINING)
- An Associates’s degree in a technical field is strongly preferred or Apprentice/Journeyman training in electrical or PV field with 2+ years experience..
REQUIRED RELEVANT PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE (TYPE / DURATION)
- At least 3 years of experience in electrical, electronic and/or network communications are required.
- Prior experience in the solar energy industry is strongly preferred.
OTHER SPECIALIZED SKILLS
- Knowledge of PV solar and/or alternative energy markets is required.
- Knowledge of National Electric Code is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, is required. German and/or
Spanish language skills are a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) is required.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy are required.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems effectively.This position may require periodic domestic and international travel.
Extent of responsibility: Regional
REQUIRED LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY: English