PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The O&M Portfolio Manager is responsible for comprehensive management of key O&M customer accounts, which have offices in North America. Duties include communication, monitoring, and tracking activities (domestically and/or internationally) as well being a key contact and advocate for one or more of the company’s top O&M customers.
PRIMARY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops a thorough understanding of the customer’s strategy, priorities, organization and methodologies in North America and internationally, as applicable.
- Develops strong relationships with domestic and international colleagues, and communication structures at all relevant levels within the organization (i.e. engineering, purchasing, finance, executive management).
- Develop strategy for improved customer value and increased level of service
- Demonstrate responsibility for all phases of timely reporting, elimination of contractual liquid damages, and availability.
- Work closely with internal SMA users to develop and implement Operation focused feedback for configuration, planned and unplanned maintenance, and activities.
- Present the face of SMA with the customer in a positive and professional manner.
- Focusing on performance and deliverables within the framework of the Operating Plan.
- Actively monitors performance, regional interaction and other relevant activities of account, reports relevant aspects, and facilitates involvement when appropriate.
- Implements and improves processes as needed to facilitate increased levels of service.
- Leads projects utilizing well-established project management fundamentals.
- Provides effective project presentations to demonstrate project status and value to both internal and external customers.
- Other duties as may be required or assigned.
REQUIRED TRAINING (TYPE / DURATION / FIELD / ADDITIONAL TRAINING)
- A bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or a related technical field is strongly preferred.
- EQUIRED RELEVANT PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE (TYPE / DURATION)
- At least 3 years of experience with a proven track record of managing multiple accounts preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience in a PV Solar service role are required.
- Cross-Functional project management experience is preferred.
- Experience in the renewable energy sector is preferred.
- PMP Certification is strongly preferred.
- NABCEP Certification is strongly preferred
- Strong analytical capabilities and ability to thrive in cross functional and team environments.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills to work as a team.
OTHER SPECIALIZED SKILLS
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong organizational and communication skills are required.
Knowledge of renewable energy sector preferred. Proven Leadership skills are required. Excellent presentation and negotiation skills are required. Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, is required. German and/or Spanish language skills are a plus. High Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) is required. Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy are required. Ability to analyze and solve problems effectively. Ability to work well independently. A valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record are required. This position may require up to 25% domestic and international travel. Must possess or be able to apply for a passport for international travel is required.
EXTENT OF RESPONSIBILITY: Regional
REQUIRED LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY English