Local Unit & Position Description
DNV GL - Energy North America is seeking a creative and collaborative team member with strong interpersonal and organizational skills with a vision for the future of the energy industry. The successful candidate will serve in a Project Coordinator/Office Manager role, assisting our Professional Staff with administrative and clerical work, as well as performing all office management duties for our team. Ideal candidate will be responsible for half office clerical tasks and half project delivery. This position is based out of our Medford, MA office.
Tasks May Include
- Project Coordination:
- Support project managers with project start-up activities by coordinating with Accounting, Legal, IT and other corporate departments to establish projects in the accounting system, execute and file contractual documents, and set up necessary data storage procedures.
- Support project managers with project kickoff activities, both internal and client facing. This includes scheduling meetings, coordinating with subcontractors, creating project templates in MS Word, MS Excel, and MS
- PowerPoint, and communicating information related to the project.
- Provide project execution and control support to project managers including:
- Assist with regular status reporting and invoicing activities by: reviewing time, expense and accounting reports for accuracy, reviewing subcontractor invoices, maintaining budget tracking information, and preparing invoices according to corporate and client specifications.
- Track outstanding project receivables and when necessary assist project managers to research and resolve issues related to payment of invoices.
- Enter project-related data into corporate accounting and project management systems (e.g., Oracle, MS SharePoint).
- Work with project managers to track execution of work plans, including tracking project deliverable dates and issuing reminders to team members when appropriate.
- Assist project managers with effective facilitation of team and client meetings, including preparing agendas, taking minutes, tracking action items, and proactively following up on action items.
- Office Management:
- General office management, including maintenance of office equipment and ordering of supplies, development and maintenance of office procedures including HSE, scheduling, preparation of conference/meeting rooms and conference equipment, and handling visitor logistics
- General clerical work, including answering telephones, making meeting arrangements, preparing and sending correspondence, and assisting with travel arrangements
- Assistance with development and maintenance of procedures to improve office efficiency
- Assist in the tracking and management of office-related expenses and the submission of reports
- Maintain safe and clean reception area and meeting rooms by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Maintain office and kitchen supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipate needed supplies; place orders; verify receipt; submit accurate billing codes to accounting for payment tracking
- Coordinate onsite and offsite meetings including office holiday parties
- Order and organize catering for in house meetings; work with meeting organizer to meet specific requirements; track and submit all catering invoices with proper billing codes and accounting procedures for payment
- Prepare conference rooms for meetings: set-up catering; at the close of meeting, restore conference room to cleanliness and order
Note: Please submit a cover letter along with your resume when applying for this position
- Associate’s Degree in Business or related discipline; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of project support and/or office management
- Prior experience or interest in energy efficiency desired
- Report graphics aptitude is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities effectively.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer-service attitude and team-oriented spirit.
- Initiative to identify and complete necessary tasks is a plus
- Ability to take direction from multiple people and perform highly varied tasks.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills required: Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint and Word; preferred: Sharepoint.
- Willingness to take initiative to identify opportunities for operational efficiency is desired
- Willingness and ability to travel, up to 10% of the time
- Excellent written and verbal English communications skills.
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
**Immigration-related benefits (for example, visa sponsorship) are not available for this position**
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Local employment conditions apply.
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 15,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL – Energy, with more than 2,300 experts in over 30 countries around the world, is committed to driving the global transition toward a safe, reliable, efficient, and clean energy future. With a heritage of 150 years, we specialize in providing world-class, innovative solutions in the fields of business & technical consultancy, testing, inspections & certification, risk management, and verification.