You’ll be required to register in our HR portal if you haven’t already done so.
ISO New England's Operational Performance, Training & Integration (OPTI) group is a highly responsive and flexible team, responsible for collaborating with internal and external entities to provide a full spectrum of support for the dynamic needs of the System Operations environment. The OPTI group is integral to the development of training, software, processes and procedures that ISO System Operators use to effectively manage and operate the bulk electric system. Also, through analysis of system performance during normal and abnormal conditions, the OPTI group develops recommendations for process, software and human performance improvement.
At this time the OPTI group is seeking a unique individual; a highly motivated team player, possessing the perseverance to follow through on complex, multi-year projects and the flexibility to respond to emergent requests. This individual is a demonstrated fast learner, is detail oriented and thorough and has the desire to multi-task in order to excel at the various roles required of this position which include, but are not limited to:
- Operations Business Analyst
- Operations Data Analyst
- Operations Trainer (designer, developer and implementer)
System Operations Support
- Analyze routine system events and performing associated event analysis reporting
- Develop system operations performance metrics for feedback into system operator training
- Support integration of processes, tools and displays into system operations through participation in projects of varying scope. This includes developing business requirements, participating in product development and business owner testing, and supporting final implementation and providing follow up support
- Integrate changes to Operating Procedures or associated documents based on changes to processes, tools, and displays
- Provide business support to system operations management in prioritizing and tracking issues and enhancement efforts
System Operations Training
- Analyze requirements, design, develop, and implement classroom training and evaluation programs using a variety of instructional media
- Analyze requirements, designing, and developing training, instructional guides and evaluated scenarios for the training simulator
- Analyze requirements, designing, developing, and implementing joint and coordinated training and evaluation programs in collaboration with the training staffs of NPCC Control Areas and New England Local Control Centers
- Analyze, developing, and implement On-The-Job components of training programs and guides and Task Performance Evaluations
- Create training processes and methodology to evaluate and enhance the effectiveness of the training programs
- Document and maintain training records for audit and compliance purposes
- Design, develop, implement, and evaluate various training programs for New England Participants and ISO-NE non-System Operations staff using a variety of instructional media
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience in, or support of a control room environment
- Working knowledge of the use of Control Room Operator software including one or more of the following: GE/ALSTOM EMS, GE/ALSTOM Market System Applications, Interchange Scheduling Software
- Working knowledge of the operation of the New England bulk power system, including knowledge of applicable Operating Procedures and processes, as well as an understanding of major system components and topology
- Demonstrated proficiency in analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation of training
- Experience facilitating training classes and presenting information to a diverse audience
- Demonstrated facilitation and presentation skills presenting information to a diverse and technical audience
Location and Benefits
ISO New England is located in Holyoke, MA. The company provides a base salary plus bonus, competitive Medical and Dental plan, paid vacation, 401k with company match, retirement plan and more. All benefits start on your first day.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice
ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.