Location(s): CO - Arvada
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Standard Operations Position. Provide customer support/communication and direct oversight of vendors and associated contract crews to ensure the safe, cost effective, completion of capital projects, O&M projects, outage related construction activities, and other special projects as negotiated. Ensure that projects are adequately resourced, and manage the project schedule and budget. Deliver safe, reliable, and compliant operations and ensure customer safety and satisfaction. Essential Responsibilities
- Safety: Accountable for ensuring adherence to Xcel Energy safety requirements. Provide visible safety leadership and participate in worksite audits, safety observations, safety investigations and reporting of incidents and near misses, and accidents/Injuries/Issues. Remove workers for safety violations per established rules and requirements. Ensure compliance with OSHA Regulations and perform/report Safety Observations on all contractors performing work on Xcel Energy projects.
- Business Optimization & Strategy: Approve pre-construction plans and develop resource plans for delivery to scheduling. Evaluate contractor performance based on operational and financial metrics. Monitor performance and take action where necessary to meet in-service dates. Drive process adherence and data integrity with vendor partners.
- Operational Effectiveness: Ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget, and according to specifications/scope of work. Manage the communication/relationship with the customers and day-to-day cost and schedule of projects; approve change orders, overtime, and other vendor-driven project expenses including final payment. Monitor project status and respond to deviations. Assess/address vendor productivity and performance; drive quality, accountability, and performance.
- Relationship Management: Build and manage effective relationships with contractors, craft labor, customers and other stakeholders. Consult with project leads and other team members on design and project performance.
- Regulatory & Compliance: Perform inspections and/or monitor all work to establish compliance with requirements, ensure remediation plans are completed, and maintain appropriate records. Establish, perform, and track processes to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Five or more years in design, construction, operations, engineering or maintenance of utility systems/power generation plants or related industries/fields.
- Associates or technical degree preferred.
- Field experience including a working knowledge of techniques, materials, terminology of field construction/maintenance and inspection activities.
- Strong planning skills and experience with determining crew sizes and durations for construction activities.
- Familiarity with work packages, construction task planning, and knowledge of work and asset management applications.
- Effective leader with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate company/business area policies, procedures and objectives to various stakeholders.
- Proven results at achieving performance and operational metrics and driving process adherence.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in specific functional area standards, procedures, and applicable government/environmental regulations.
- Informal leadership or supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated experience working as/with vendors and other 3rd party partners.
- Completion of an approved apprentice program in an appropriately related craft.
- Demonstrated understanding of utility finance.
Will be required to work rotating shifts and/or be on call
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Arvada || CO - Arvada || United States (US) || Operations || 58150:Reconstruction PSC || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 17329
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org