Location(s): CO - Denver
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Standard Operations Position. Responsible for the maintenance and coordination of daily work plans that effectively and efficiently use resources with emphasis on safety, customer satisfaction, quality improvement, and regulatory compliance. Generate work orders and perform final review and closeout of completed work packets. Ensure a high level of accuracy within all operating systems to support data integrity. Essential Responsibilities
- Create and maintain a daily work plan and daily crew roster. Adjust planned schedules on a day-to-day basis and assign crews for priority tasks in light of resource availability, scheduling conflicts and real-time progress reports from front line leaders.
- Generate work orders and complete job closeout of all work packets within various systems. Analyze exception reports to verify labor and equipment charged to each work, job, trouble and miscellaneous order.
- Support the department, business unit, plant, or area by requesting locates, ordering materials, coordinating other utilities, or scheduling specialized equipment associated with daily operations. Provide backup to other Operations Work Coordinator and/or Associate positions.
- Maintain data integrity within the various systems used to manage daily work execution, asset management and scheduling activities. Reconcile completed work packets to eliminate discrepancies in labor, material and transportation charges while comparing as-builts to match the work completed.
- Work effectively with local supervisors and build/leverage strong partnerships with stakeholder groups to maximize productivity, utilization and operational efficiency of all resources
- High School diploma or GED.
- Minimum three years related experience industries experience in construction, design, maintenance or operations area (utility experience preferred).
- Must have a good understanding of the regular work functions of the area including work order management, payroll, invoicing, materials, compliance, policies, safety, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to schedule and manage work activities in a manner that meets customer and/or internal stakeholder requirements.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel or other spreadsheet tools.
- Ability to retrieve and manipulate data from reporting tools.
- Knowledge of and ability to use a wide range of computer software applications which include Microsoft products, work management, mapping and scheduling/project management tools.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver || United States (US) || Operations || 63280:Field Metering PSC || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 17192
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org