Location(s): CO - Denver
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Responsible for substantive legal services, including case management of a number of large and small legal matters and/or projects or research, in support of and under supervision of attorneys in Xcel Energy Legal Services. Specific duties will vary based on practice area.Responsibilities
- Initiates, drafts, and manages complete correspondence, pleadings, and other documents; prepares summaries of documents as requested.
- Initiates, Performs legal research and compiles, analyzes, summarizes and reports the search results from digests, practice manuals and other sources.drafts, and manages complete correspondence, pleadings, and other documents; prepares summaries of documents as requested.
- Assists with initiating and drafting various contracts.
- Responds to and prepares discovery requests and responses; issues and manages legal holds; collects, compiles and manages document and electronic production and preservation.
- High school diploma required.
- 1 or more years of practice in corporate law department, law firm, or government practice; equivalent experience will be considered.
- Excellent organizational, communication (both written and verbal) and computer (Microsoft Office software and WestLaw/Nexis-Lexis) skills.
- Able to work with little direction, manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and prioritize workload with a strong attention to detail.
- College degree, paralegal certificate/degree or equivalent education is preferred.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver || United States (US) || General Counsel || 80010:Deputy General Counsel || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 10863
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com