SRP is one of the largest public power and water utilities in the U.S. providing electricity to approximately one million customers in the greater metropolitan Phoenix area. Since its founding in 1903, SRP has fostered a culture of stewardship and customer service consistently ranking as an industry leader in customer service according to J.D. Power. SRP continues to adapt to its changing business environment by seeking innovative ways to reimagine utility service and the provision of critical resources essential to the life and economy of Arizona.
Provides a broad array of analytical and eDiscovery support related to Litigation, Claims and Revenue Recovery matters. Effectively communicates at all levels of the organization and with outside counsel. Must be able to provide litigation/case assessment and oversee document productions. Under general supervision responsible for compiling, reviewing and preparing for production content responsive to varied production and records requests. Anticipates patterns and links, looking beyond the immediate problem to wider implications. Able to generate new and innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Performs research and summarizes findings using current legal search methods and tools.
- Prepares reports related to litigated cases, claims, revenue recovery and other exposure related matters.
- Provides eDiscovery support on litigated cases, including complex research, compiling and reviewing content, drafting responses to written discovery requests, privilege review, and coordinating responses to requests for production, records requests, subpoenas and other data requests.
- Oversees compliance with evidence preservation requirements, including administration of the Legal Hold Policy and Legal Hold Web-site.
- Acts as primary department support for a variety of critical tools including Clearwell, IIMS, Legal Hold Pro, Enterprise Vault, Legal Opinions Database, Navman, Phoenix, Tableau, Delta Viewer, Managed File Transfer, Opentext, and SharePoint.
- Prepares and recommends material for management’s consideration.
- Performs analytical evaluations.
- Functions as a project leader.
- Evaluates processes and procedures and makes recommendations for improved efficiencies. Assists with the implementation of policy, process and efficiency improvements.
- Works extensively with management, consultants and outside counsel.
- Works on a broad array of special project assignments related to the analysis of risk or exposure related matters and the implementation of goals and objectives.
Completion of an Associate's degree, Apprenticeship, or 60 college credit hours from an accredited institution that prepares the employee for the assignment.
- Three years of experience as a Paralegal or related field.
- Experience in both law firm and corporate law services environments highly recommended.
- College level coursework (100+) preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Proficient with computer software, including Microsoft Office Suite, Westlaw and Internet research methods. Experience with SharePoint and Clearwell are advantageous.
- Demonstrated diplomacy and discretion in handling sensitive or confidential information and in conducting specific project business or investigations.
- Understanding of federal, state, and local legislative, regulatory and technical processes.
- Capable of responding to and addressing controversial public issues and SRP policies or positions.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Able to prepare legal and technical reports with corresponding documentation and to make group presentations.
- Able to use interpersonal skills within work assignment and in situations of conflict.
- Able to organize and coordinate work projects with minimal supervision.
- Works well in a team environment, as well as independently.
- Able to prioritize and adjust to changing priorities, to manage multiple tasks concurrently, and to work well under pressure.
- Possesses facilitative leadership skills.
Requisition ID: 8958
EOE - SRP encourages a diverse workforce
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Currently, SRP does not sponsor H1B visas.
Why Work at SRP
SRP's success is rooted in our employees' happiness, health and safety. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and enhance their well-being. In addition to competitive pay and performance incentives, eligible employees can take advantage of the following benefits:
• 401(k) plan with employer matching
• Retirement pension
• Paid vacation
• Parental leave
• Holiday pay
• Sick leave
• Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
• Wellness programs
• Pre-tax benefits
• Short and long-term disability plans
• Tuition assistance