Become part of the energy behind public power! ElectriCities has spent the past 50 years working closely with public power communities across North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia to improve their utility and government operations. We have an in-depth understanding of the utility business and the unique challenges each of these communities face. ElectriCities’ strength is bringing public power communities together to share knowledge in an effort to make their power safer and more reliable.
We are looking for a Part-Time Warehouse Coordinator/Buyer to join our public power utility operation in Huntersville, NC to support both the Towns of Huntersville and Cornelius. The Warehouse Coordinator’s/Buyer’s duties may include but are not limited to:
• Directs, oversees, supervises, and participates in warehouse operations; orders, receives, processes, records, distributes, and accounts for supplies and materials; prepares and maintains detailed records and files including storeroom recordkeeping.
• Plans, organizes, supervises, and participates in the work of ordering, receiving, storing, and distributing a large and varied stock of equipment, supplies, or parts.
• Plans, supervises, participates, and evaluates the maintenance of inventory and control records including a perpetual inventory and periodic physical inventories; works with auditors in verifying results.
• Determines optimum inventory levels and adjusts levels as needed.
• Prepares requests for price and delivery quotations; evaluates responses; submits purchase orders based on quote results.
• Meets with vendors in person and via telephone to maintain records on available items, pricing, and delivery information, etc.
• Issues materials and delivers stock to crew.
• Prepares inventory order reports; follows up on outstanding orders with vendors.
• Receives shipments, unpacks, and stores items; labels and finds location for new items.
• Enforces storeroom rules and procedures and prevents unauthorized access to spaces.
• Performs basic custodial, maintenance, and repair tasks; assists with maintenance of storeroom equipment and systems.
• Picks up parts and supplies at vendors; loads and unloads truck orders.
Qualified candidates should possess:
• An Associate Degree from an accredited community college with major coursework in business; or a combination of equivalent education and experience in the procurement of materials, equipment, and supplies and warehouse operations.
• A valid Forklift Operator certification.
• A valid North Carolina driver’s license.
• Thorough knowledge of business methods, markets, and purchasing practices.
• Thorough knowledge of the laws relating to public purchasing.
• Thorough knowledge of modern warehouse and inventory practices.
• Thorough knowledge of various grades and qualities of a variety of materials, supplies, and equipment; general knowledge of standard office procedures, practices, and equipment.
Be part of your local community and make a difference! A regional operation offers a home base work/life balance, as well as opportunity to help other local public power providers through mutual aid agreements. ElectriCities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Apply online now and join our expanding operation!