Requisition ID: 31375
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today Learn more
Position Specific Description
This role will include significant interaction with our Central Maintenance and Property Accounting groups. Examples of System support include System Applications and Programs (SAP) implementations, Business Plan Consolidation (BPC) implementations, PGD Next Support, Inventory, Financial and Reliability Dashboards as well as Business Unit support for Utilities International (UI), Power Plan and other corporate applications. Special projects include providing financial support for six sigma belt projects and process improvements (i.e. Web Cycle Project).
This job is a principal-level analyst who leads decisions and recommendations significantly impacting financial and commercial aspects of the business unit. Employees in this role participate and support the critical financial issues to overall business unit commercial objectives, which include but are not limited to budgeting, forecasting, analysis, benchmarking, reporting, and internal controls. Individuals in this role must have an understanding of the financial and reliability impacts of budget and forecast changes. This position also establishes financial and controls policies and programs designed to meet the commercial objectives of the business unit that drives continuous fleet improvement.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Performs all cost accounting activities including variance analysis, standard cost development, activity-based costing, and inventory control
• Provides financial leadership by supporting Operations leadership in decision-making and strategy development
• Supports new lines of business and finds ways to reduce overhead cost per job
• Provides reporting and analysis for all operations activity including productivity, capital and overhead spending, forecasting, budgeting, absorption, sales, and inventory and operations planning
• Prepares and distributes financial reports and indicators and explains financial results to non-financial audiences
• Communicates and explains operational performance through P and L
• Collaborates effectively with colleagues from all departments
• Leads and executes process improvement projects using Six Sigma principles
• Manages internal controls processes and identifies and mitigates control weaknesses
• Extracts, organizes, analyzes, and reports data in a manner that is useful and relevant for making business decisions
• Develops broad technical and communication skills through self-study and internal and external training opportunities
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• High School Grad / GED
• Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
• Experience: 7+ years
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
• Six Sigma Black Belt Certified
• Six Sigma Green Belt Certified
• Bachelor's Degree
• Master's Degree
• Six Sigma Master Black Belt
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics
Organization: Florida Power & Light Company
Location: Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to AskHR@NEE.com, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.