Requisition ID: 29739
NextEra Energy Resources is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description
As one of the largest and cleanest power companies in the United States, NextEra Energy, has a clear point of view on many of the energy policy issues facing the nation. This position sits within the Power Generation Division which is responsible for all of NextEra Energy's non-nuclear generation operations, exceeding 40,000 megawatts (MW) of installed capacity.
· Performs strategic analyses and assessments on Total Cost issues impacting Operations and proactively provides recommendations to lower Total Cost and improve performance.
· Participates in development of strategic plans and optimization of projects impacting Operations.
· Extracts, organizes, analyzes, and reports data in a manner that is useful and relevant for making business decisions
· Establish new, or enhance existing cost management processes
· Actively engages in change management during times of transition.
This job assists in execution of the Corporate and NextEra Power Generation business processes. With limited guidance, employees in this role are responsible for OandM and capital budget preparation and reporting, cash flow management, and financial analysis and reporting. Individuals plan, schedule, communicate, and coordinate the annual budgeting process, the monthly re-forecasts, and month-end close for the site, and ensure that all transactions are in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley. Employees in this position also focus on the continuous improvement of spending, risks and opportunities, and costing methods in accordance with corporate policy and business objectives.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Performs all cost accounting activities including variance analysis, standard cost development, activity-based costing, and inventory control
• Provides financial leadership by supporting Operations leadership in decision-making and strategy development
• Supports new lines of business and finds ways to reduce overhead cost per job
• Provides reporting and analysis for all operations activity including productivity, capital and overhead spending, forecasting, budgeting, absorption, sales, and inventory and operations planning
• Prepares and distributes financial reports and indicators and explains financial results to non-financial audiences
• Communicates and explains operational performance through P and L
• Collaborates effectively with colleagues from all departments
• Leads and executes process improvement projects using Six Sigma principles
• Manages internal controls processes and identifies and mitigates control weaknesses
• Extracts, organizes, analyzes, and reports data in a manner that is useful and relevant for making business decisions
• Develops broad technical and communication skills through self-study and internal and external training opportunities
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• High School Grad / GED
• Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
• Experience: 5+ years
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics
Organization: NextEra Operating Srvs
Location: Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to AskHR@NEE.com, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.