Requisition ID: 31447
NextEra Energy Resources is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description
NextEra Energy is seeking an experienced individual for a Power Generation Reliability Engineering position for our Fleet Performance and Diagnostics Center (FPDC)
NextEra Energy, Inc. is one of the largest and highest-performing power generation companies in the nation and a leader in Renewable Energy. The Power Generation Division (PGD) FPDC is responsible for monitoring a diverse fleet of over 47,820 MW. The fleet, which continues to grow, includes Fossil, Nuclear, Wind and Solar Generation, including Battery Storage Facilities.
PGD’s Fleet Performance and Diagnostic Center (FPDC) is the team that monitors and diagnoses early failure modes to prevent further propagation, thus preventing higher costs of repair, increase revenue loss, and unplanned outages. The selected candidate will be a pivotal part of the team that is responsible for the reliability of NextEra Energy non-nuclear generation fleet including leadership in the areas of condition-based prevention through prediction, first responder for forced outage events, and collaboration with equipment subject matter experts to facilitate response directives.
S/He will need to utilize predictive tools to analyze equipment performance and evaluate trends in order to develop actionable requests to site operations.
Rotational shift – 12 hr. rotating shift of days and midnights for 28day cycle (7d-daytime, 7d-off, 7d-midnight, 7d-off).
Due to the 24 hour, 7 day per week nature of power generation, it is part of the job requirements to provide night, weekend, and holiday as necessary for shift analyst coverage.
The candidate must be proactive in problem solving analysis, very strong MS Office skillset and have strong operational experience for fossil and/or nuclear thermal operation.
Knowledge of Safe work practices and high quality written and strong verbal and technical communication skills required.
This job applies diversified knowledge of technical principles and practices to a broad variety of assignments and related fields. Individuals in the job use advanced techniques and modification and extension of theories, precepts, and practices in individual's field. Employees in this role devise new solutions to problems encountered. Individuals will receive guidance related largely to overall objectives, critical issues, new concepts, and policy matters and may receive technical guidance for unusual or complex problems.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Provides full-time technical support to the operations and business unit personnel
• Performs system testing and documentation to critical systems during significant changes and/or upgrade
• Analyzes and identifies the root cause of - and implements comprehensive technical solutions to - complex application deficiencies and system issues
• Provides technical leadership in the functional specification, design, and implementation of new (as well as enhancements to existing) security center applications and tools
• Develops new (and improves existing) processes with goal of increasing productivity, reducing risk of system failure, promoting efficiency in work flow, and meeting or exceeding the key operational performance targets
• Establishes, documents, and maintains procedures and guidelines related to the day-to-day operational support provided to the operations and business unit personnel
• Travels to power plants for onsite troubleshooting support
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• Technical / Functional Excellence/Learning
• Process Management Concepts
• Quality Tools and Techniques
• Effective Written Communications
• Effective Verbal Communications
• High School Grad / GED
• Safety Policy and Practice
• Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
• Experience:2+ years
• Supervisor/Management Experience:Without Rating
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Technical Specialist
Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC
Location: Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to AskHR@NEE.com, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.