Requisition ID: 30085
NextEra Energy Resources is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description
This position sits within the Power Generation Division in support of the Net Midstream operations. In this role you will be responsible for the following:
Job Duties & Responsibilities
· Delivers pipeline project work scopes consistent with company initiatives by coordinating with Engineering, Operations, Land, Environmental Permitting, and Project Management
· Compiles pipeline project decision support packages in conjunction with cross-functional Company and third party resources, which include the following: project milestone schedule, cost estimate, scope of work, drawing package, and risk matrix
· Interprets and develops process flow diagrams (PFD's), Process and Instrumentation Diagram, alignment sheets
· Tracks key engineering deliverables and adjusts engineering plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers and reports status to management and making corrective actions as needed
· Develops detailed design specifications and drawings for installation of (measurement/regulation, gas scrubbing/cleaning equipment, and piping systems).
· Engages with equipment manufacturers, service providers, and industry professional organizations to stay current with latest facilities design and maintenance technology and industry best practices
· Partners with supply chain/procurement to support and leverage global service and purchasing agreements
Employees in this role make decisions and recommendations having significant impact on extensive engineering and related activities for the company. This position negotiates critical and controversial issues with top level engineers and officers of other organizations and companies.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Demonstrates a high degree of creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in planning, organizing, and guiding extensive engineering programs and activities
• Manages one or more programs of complex diversity and scope which are of critical importance to overall company objectives
• Acts as a subject matter expert
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• Bachelor's - Engineering
• Experience: 7+ years
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Engineering
Organization: NextEra Energy Pipeline Srvcs
Location: Houston, Texas
Other Work Locations: Texas
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to AskHR@NEE.com, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.