• Provide technical expertise and guidance in the resolution/prevention of equipment problems. Lead or participate in plant Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and Failure Modes Effects Analysis (FMEA) processes to ensure corrective actions, repairs or modifications are appropriate and timely in their execution.
• Works with Maintenance and Operations personnel to evaluate and resolve equipment issues.
• Periodic maintenance and troubleshooting of the facility’s instrument & control equipment including the GE Plant DCS (Mark VIe) and other programmable logic controllers.
• Provide comprehensive power plant performance, leadership and support. In particular analyze, monitor and report plant and system performance and condition through assessing operational and maintenance data.
• Develop and or review the Planned Maintenance (PM) activities on all control systems.
• Direct the activities of contractors to ensure compliance with drawings, specifications, and schedules.
• Responsible for troubleshooting plant issues, using technical knowledge in recommending course of action; aptitude for determining causes of failure.
• Identify, evaluate and provide solutions to complex technical problems in a timely manner.
• Performs other duties and administrative tasks as assigned by the Facility Manager.
• Write project scope and material specifications.
• Provide budgetary support for assigned projects.
• A technical knowledge of Power Plant Operations and Maintenance, performance calculations, and practices.
• Ability to continually maintain the general health of the DCS (Mark VIe), programmable logic controllers and field devices including transmitters, control valves, meters and process analytical devices.
• Strong computer skills to include spreadsheets, databases, word - processing and project software.
• Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills.
• Must be able to communicate complex issues to management and peers clearly, concisely and accurately.
• Aptitude for determining causes of failure.
• Strong Electrical background preferred.
• Safety oriented: Keeps safety in mind always – looks out for the safety of teammates and self.
• Ability to understand complex contractual issues as they relate to plant Operations and Maintenance.
• Ability to productively work independently and as an integral plant staff team member.
• Capable of working independently with the ability to manage multiple tasks in a short time frame.
• Self-motivation and ability to manage multiple projects with changing priorities.
• Ability to respond calmly and think clearly in emergency situations.
Progressive work experience in electrical power generation or related fields, 4 years minimum.
• A recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline from an accredited college or university.
• A professional license in an appropriate discipline from a recognized licensing board or specialized courses in relevant general engineering or appropriate engineering discipline.
Must be able to lift 50 lbs