Job Title: Plant Managing Director - Glenrock, WY - #26521
Manages a large geographic territory, region, location or multiple functional units that has a major impact on corporate objectives and performance. Establishes business objectives, strategies, and plans in support of Company strategic goals. Manages and allocates financial and employee resources. Regularly participates on corporate senior management teams and committees. Establishes and maintains external relationships with government agencies, community groups and/or other prominent stakeholders. Responsible for selecting, coaching, and developing employees, and the management of employee salaries. Implements and supports Company programs and policies.
- Participates in the implementation of the PacifiCorp Energy strategy by leading and coaching the plant workforce in safety, environmental compliance and operational improvement; providing technical advice; optimizing capital and OMAG budgets; creating and implementing 10 year improvement plans.
- Responsible for all matters pertaining to the safe, environmentally sound, and cost-effective operation of the plant.
- Establishes for the facility the strategic business objectives, policies and plans in support of company and business unit strategic goals.
- Manages and allocates financial and employee resources. Responsible for selecting, coaching, compensating, and developing employees in accordance with company talent management and succession planning processes.
- Responsible for implementing and supporting Company programs and policies.
- Bachelor degree in engineering or similar technical area or equivalent combination of education and experience resulting in demonstrated ability to perform above functions.
- Minimum of eight years of related experience managing a large process facility.
- Five years of supervisory/management experience resulting in proven ability to provide leadership to a significant entity in implementing a strategic plan.
- Working knowledge of thermal plant management, operations, engineering and maintenance and demonstrated experience in managing and reducing risks associated with operating a generation facility in a safe and reliable manner.
- Experience with pulverized coal-fired utility boilers.
- Solid understanding of US regulated energy markets and cost recovery processes.
- Requires a solid working knowledge of labor relations, including union working agreement provisions and administration.
- Requires a working knowledge of business organization, major project management, accounting, reporting, procurement, contract administration, work management, etc.
- Demonstrated progression through positions of higher responsibility that validates core management and leadership skills and competencies.
- Working knowledge of SAP, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Understanding of state and federal environmental issues including NSR, NAAQS, Clean Air Act, and other air, water, and solid waste rules.
- Experience in managing and leading safety programs.
Primary Location: Glenrock, WY
Department: Generation - Dave Johnston Plant
Personnel Subarea: Exempt
Hiring Range: $141,000 - $184,000