Location: Bellevue, WA
The position will have responsibility for a wide range of duties and responsibilities including, but not limited to: Develop and maintain financial models used by clients for hedging, position management, budgeting, and ad hoc financial analyses. Develop rapport with clients to assist them with developing sound hedging strategies and metrics to track financial performance. Develop and assist with the fundamental analysis of assigned markets. Collaborate with cross-functional team members to create and maintain portfolio management products. Develop and maintain presentations that clearly and concisely communicate performance metrics. Communicate financial metrics to clients and team members via presentations and trusted relationships. Monitor and report on regulatory developments/changes in assigned markets. Assist with developing congestion revenue rights (CRRs) strategies for clients. Assist with settlement reconciliations.
- The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Advanced capabilities in financial modeling, pro forma analysis
- Deep knowledge of trading and risk management concepts including trading and risk management strategies and option pricing theory
- Must be detail oriented and highly analytical
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and as part of a closely knit team
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex subjects to a wide array of audiences
- Ability to take on conceptual and amorphous problems and develop concrete, impactful models used by the business
- Fundamental understanding of probability theory and statistical techniques
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience communicating complex concepts to clients and prospects
The following additional skills/experience are desired:
- Strongly prefer candidates with experience in the energy industry
- Experience working in CAISO or other RTO such as PJM, MISO, NE-ISO, etc.
- Experience in regulatory tracking, monitoring, and reporting
- Experience in electricity rates design and analysis
- Knowledge of Congestion Revenue Rights (CRRs)
- Experience in structuring and pricing power purchase agreements with an emphasis on renewable generating assets, particularly solar
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of four years’ experience working in trading, risk management, financial services, or similarly related industry.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year accredited college or university is required; major in a technical or business-related discipline highly desired; MBA or other advanced degree is a plus.
- Experience dealing with RTOs highly desired