Power System Engineer or Senior (Project Management)
Job Requisition Number
Electric Service Delivery (115)
Power System Engineer:
- Education and/or Equivalent Experience: Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Engineering, plus five (5) years of experience related to engineering.
- Licenses and Certifications Required: None.
Power System Engineer Senior:
- Education and/or Equivalent Experience: Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in engineering, plus seven (7) years of experience related to engineering.
- Licenses and Certifications Required: Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) in the State of Texas; or if currently licensed in another state, the ability to obtain a Texas PE license within one (1) year of employment.
Notes to Applicants
The Power System Engineer serves as a subject matter expert in the Project Management team supporting Transmission and Substation Engineering and Construction. The Project Management team is responsible for managing and coordinating the Capital Improvement Project portfolio for Austin Energy.
This position will be filled at one of the following levels depending upon candidate qualifications:
- Power System Engineer – ($36.53 to $48.34 per hour)
- Power System Engineer Senior – ($41.78 to $55.31 per hour)
Working with Austin Energy provides a number of health and welfare benefits such as low-cost medical, dental, vision, paid leave time, a highly competitive retirement plan, training opportunities and more. Please click HERE
for more information.Employment Application:
- The City of Austin employment application is an official document; incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Please be sure to detail on the application all current and previous employment that you wish to be considered as part of your qualifications.
- The Employment Record should be complete with job titles, employment dates, job duties, functions, and responsibilities for each position held. Gaps in employment must include an explanation and dates of unemployment. Starting salary will be based on overall relevant experience from your application.
- Résumés will not be accepted and statements such as “see résumé” will not be accepted. You may use “N/A” for fields that are not applicable.
- Please note that Austin Energy may close the job posting at any time after 7 days from the date of the initial advertisement. Once the job posting has closed, applications cannot be changed.
If you are selected as a top candidate:
- Your skill level in some of the competency areas for this job may be assessed through skills testing.
- Verification of your education (which may include high school graduation or GED, undergraduate and/or graduate degrees) will be required. You must provide proof of education from an accredited organization/institution. You must also provide proof of your professional licenses or certifications.
- If you are identified as a top candidate and are in the military or a veteran, you will need to provide a copy of your DD-214 prior to confirming a start date.
- This position requires a criminal background investigation.
$36.53 – $55.31
Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm with some flexibility.
Job Close Date