You’ll be required to register in our HR portal if you haven’t already done so.
Assist the development and conduct of bulk power system production simulations, economic analysis, and resource adequacy studies. These studies are required to satisfy and comply with: reporting requirements associated with national, regional and local reliability criteria and standards; regional system plan development responsibilities; and as specified in Attachment K of its Open-Access Transmission Tariff (OATT) requirements to perform certain economic studies.
- Design, develop and manage needed data sets, files or databases for conducting economic and resource adequacy studies
- Work with ISO-NE Staff or Consultants to conduct various analyses and subsequently prepare written reports detailing the objectives, assumptions, methods, findings and recommendations
- Collaborate and coordinate with Market Participants, NEPOOL and ISO Committees, regulatory and other stakeholder
- Respond to data or information requests from regional/national reliability organizations and state and federal regulators
- Perform all work according to established ISO New England process, procedures and Tariffs, consistent with ISO New England quality and business standards
- Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering discipline is required; concentration related to power systems is preferred. A Master’s degree in Engineering is desirable
- Knowledge of the New England generation and transmission system, including planning practices, real-time operational issue
- Working knowledge of the Northeast Power Coordinating Council and North American Electric Reliability Corporation Criteria/Procedures/Guidelines
- Ability to work with a wide range of engineers/economists/analysts and other stakeholders to assure that reasonable and respective expectations are met
- Demonstrated ability to work in a rapidly changing environment, meet deadlines, finish projects through to completion and work effectively with others
- Ability to successfully work on a number of projects simultaneously
- Ability to organize and present information in structured and concise manner, while meeting predefined corporate goals
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal and organizational skills
Desirable qualities include:
- Working knowledge of bulk power system/resource adequacy transmission constrained economic generation production simulation techniques and bulk power system loss of load calculation techniques and methodologies
Location and Benefits
ISO New England is located in Holyoke, MA. The company provides a base salary plus bonus, competitive Medical and Dental plan, paid vacation, 401k with company match, retirement plan and more. All benefits start on your first day.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice
ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.