POWER SYSTEM SENIOR CONSULTANT/CONSULTANT
DAYMARK ENERGY ADVISORS IS SEEKING AN EXPERIENCED POWER ENGINEER TO JOIN OUR POWER MARKET AND PLANNING TEAM.
Daymark Energy Advisors is a successful, growing consultancy that provides economic, policy, and strategic analysis and advisory services to the North American electric and natural gas industries.
Our team differentiates us in the marketplace and is core to our continuing success.
We offer a dynamic, collaborative, and entrepreneurial work environment where team members help a diverse set of clients solve today’s most pressing industry challenges.
If you have a passion for the energy industry and are a high performer with a history of excellence and achievement, you’ll find Daymark Energy Advisors offers a challenging and rewarding environment in which to further your career.
- A desire to contribute to the growth of the firm and the development of new business and clients through the provision of technical leadership
- Ability to analyze and model organized energy and capacity market designs and operations
- Ability to conduct power system analyses and evaluate the technical performance of a power system for various transmission and generation interconnection scenarios
- Energy market planning and modeling (specific experience with production cost modeling and/or distribution planning models highly desired)
- Ability to develop and advise clients regarding renewable and distributed energy system policy and technical guidelines
- Ability to lead consulting projects associated with power system planning, smart grid initiatives, and distributed resource integration
- In a regulatory setting, the ability to critically evaluate and analyze the resource planning/modeling practices of others
- Comfort analyzing complex problems, structuring appropriate applied quantitative analysis and models, and delivering recommendations and advice to clients in an actionable form
- The ability to lead teams and manage multiple projects
- The ability and desire to both supervise and train less experienced analysts in various analytical and modeling techniques
- Participate in business development efforts by building relationships with current and potential clients and by demonstrating the firm’s capabilities to potential clients
- Assist in the proposal drafting process as technical lead
- The successful Senior Consultant …
- Guides team project work and has high quality interactions with clients
- Provides clients with high quality deliverables and builds strong relationships
- Takes care of clients to ensure their needs are understood and met
- Drives understanding of client problems for the team
- Holds others accountable for meeting or exceeding customer needs
- Fosters a sense of urgency in the team for reaching goals and meeting deadlines
- Tracks project team success against strategic priorities
- Promotes the exchange of knowledge to achieve results
- Provides clear direction to help others meet goals
- Encourages candid and open communication among groups
- Conveys roles, schedules, deliverables and feedback clearly and effectively
- Provides effective feedback and coaching to project teams
- Develops others by freely sharing personal knowledge
- Demonstrates the ability to shift approach depending on client demands
- Completes projects with shifting demands and helps others to meet client needs
- Learns new techniques and skills to develop innovative ways of thinking about problems
- An overriding curiosity and desire to help others succeed
- At least ten years of experience of successful practice in power system analysis, market analysis, and modeling
- Expertise performing analysis with PSS/E; familiarity with Power World is desired
- Experience evaluating the impact of solar, wind and other distributed generation systems on power system performance highly desired
- Experience with the application of OATT large and small generator interconnection rules
- At least two years of experience managing projects and leading teams
- B.S. in Power or Electrical Engineering. An MBA or credential in economics or finance is desirable.
Qualified candidates, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com