Provides asset optimization services including; portfolio management, system monitoring, resource scheduling, and the execution of real-time energy transactions on behalf of The Energy Authority and its Members and Partners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Simultaneously manages portfolios in real-time for multiple clients
- Forecasts hourly loads
- Analyzes energy and transmission alternatives to optimize profits and ensure delivery o Interacts with the market participants to develop, negotiate, and execute opportunistic business transactions that create value for the company
- Evaluates the current value of thermal and storage resources relative to the market o
- Evaluate market conditions and develop trading strategies to optimize the use of available resources
- Coordinate client and intra-TEA communications on power supply needs and transactions
- Monitors real-time data feeds to provide timely and reliable response to changing portfolio conditions including:
- SCADA alarm system
- PowerBiz o Real-time system metering iCRS
- Coordinates the scheduling of resources to serve system obligations
- Scheduling of energy and reserve transactions
- Tagging of energy transactions
- Manage transmission reservations and negotiate transmission sales / purchases
- Pro-actively pursues transmission opportunities on behalf of Members, Partners and TEA
- Coordinate between clients, counterparties, control areas and transmission providers to ensure the reliable receipt and delivery of power
- Maintains working knowledge of Trading environment including:
- Client’s resource and obligation mix
- Current tagging methodologies and requirements
- Current scheduling methodologies and requirements
- Current applications, web sites, spreadsheets and other tools needed to effectively manage the portfolios under their control
- Data Entry Tasks
- Accurately records purchase and sale transactions on appropriate blotters or trade tickets and ensures that all necessary transaction details are entered into TEA’s deal capture system
- Obtains market discoveries and market clearing prices
- Confirms hourly transactions, including total MWh’s, transaction price, Point of Receipt or Point of Delivery with counter-parties in order to ensure accuracy
Work on a rotating 12-hour shift to provide trading coverage on a 7/24/365 day basis and be prepared to provide trading support during natural disasters, at back up facility, and/or team related emergencies.
This position may be called on to fill in for other trading floor positions (Support Specialist, Day-Ahead Power Management Specialist, etc.) when needed.
Provide training and support to new traders and support specialists about TEA business practices, processes, and procedures.
Ensure that all relevant aspects including energy price, transmission, counter party contractual and credit limits terms, are in compliance with TEA’s and member risk policies (if applicable).
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelors’ degree from a four year accredited college or university required, advanced degree a plus. Previous experience in the energy industry and with trade capture systems is a plus.
- CRITICAL THINKING
- COMMITMENT TO CONTINUOUS LEARNING
- TECHNICAL DESIGN
- PROJECT RELATED WORK
- ISSUE MANAGEMENT
- Customer Focus