You’ll be required to register in our HR portal if you haven’t already done so.
Perform software analysis, design, development and integration for a variety of software applications throughout ISO New England. Tasks will include development of technical specifications, software programming, performing unit testing and supporting systems and business acceptance testing and serving as Subject Matter Expert (SME) in systems developed by Corporate Application Development.
- Lead or key contributor on a team of software engineers located onsite and offsite
- Design, implement, test, debug, and document integration solutions and enhance existing components to ensure that software meets the business needs
- Conduct design and code reviews to ensure code developed meets or exceeds coding best practices guidelines, unit testing, security, and scalability and maintainability guidelines web and server-side applications is a plus
- Contribute to the design and architecture to enable secure, scalable, and maintainable software
- Develop reusable patterns and encourage innovation that will increase team productivity
- Collaborate on the design with other team members and product owners, both with technical and non-technical
- Lead multiple projects in Agile development methodology
- Build relationships with key business stakeholders
- Drive a quality mindset within the team
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/electrical engineering, or equivalent is required. Master’s degree in Computer Science or MIS is desirable and may be used to augment software development experience
- 10 years’ hands on JAVA Developer with a solid understanding of JEE design patterns. 50% of the job is writing software
- Demonstrated competency with Java, Spring, Spring MVC, REST, Camel, Java Script and SQL
- Hands on with SQL and databases. Should be able to write complex queries and fine tune query performance
- Understanding of GIT, DevOps practices, Test Automation is desirable
- Must be able to provide technical direction and mentoring for junior developers, consultants and support staff
Location and Benefits
ISO New England is located in Holyoke, MA. The company provides a base salary plus bonus, competitive Medical and Dental plan, paid vacation, 401k with company match, retirement plan and more. All benefits start on your first day.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice
ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.