Requisition ID: 29827
NextEra Energy Resources is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description
We are looking for a savvy Data Engineer to join our growing team of analytics experts. The hire will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.Responsibilities for Data Engineer
Qualifications for Data Engineer 1.Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases. 2.Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets. (HiveMQ, Kafka, Cassandra, MQTT, S3) 3.Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement. (Data quality dimension analysis based on statistical measurements) 4.Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets. 5.Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management. (Preferably in Java, C++, or Linux Tools) 6.A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets. 7.Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores. 8.Strong project management and organizational skills. 9.Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment. 10.We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer/Data Science role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field. They should also have experience using the following software/tools: ·Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc. ·Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra. ·Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift ·Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc. ·Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
This position develops and integrates new or existing applications into the technical infrastructure and existing business processes. Employees in this role provide technical or functional guidance to project or work teams, as needed within a specific discipline.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Analyzes, designs, develops, tests, debugs, implements, maintains and/or enhances existing or new systems, that are reliable and efficient
• Develops customized programming solutions, and maintains existing system functionality
• Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems, and prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written
• Applies appropriate development methodologies, system development lifecycles, tools and technology
• Collaborates on an on-going basis with the Business Systems Analyst
• Participates in the ticket management and resolution processes, including receiving, resolution monitoring and customer satisfaction
• Leads projects when needed
• Provides direction, training and guidance for less experienced staff
• Builds strong working understanding of the solution being delivered
• Ensures user satisfaction by providing preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and timely resolution of more complex problems
• Follows and participates in the defined Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Sarbanes Oxley (Sox) compliance, and General Computing Controls
• Defines metrics and monitors Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for systems being developed
• Meets daily, weekly and monthly reporting requirements
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• High School Grad / GED
• Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
• Experience:7+ years
• Bachelor's - Sciences
• Web Technologies
• Information Coding Standards
• Strategic Planning
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Projectbound FT
Job Category: Information Technology
Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC
Location: Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to AskHR@NEE.com, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.