Plan, coordinate, supervise and participate in all activities on-site in order to meet and maintain plant reliability and capacity at its highest attainable level while maintaining the highest safety and environmental standards possible. Motivate and instill ownership of plant equipment and processes by all team members. Reviews, analyzes and sets priorities for the work to be accomplished between maintenance and operations.
* Responsible for the correct and safe administration of the established plant safety Lock Out-Tag-Out (LOTO) procedures.
* Responsible for all plant personnel and equipment when Management Team personnel are not present.
- Responsible for initial incident investigations.
- Ability to make sound, timely decisions during emergency situations as the Incident Commander.
- Communicates and cooperates with the system load center personnel in regards to system electrical load demands and plant capabilities.
- Participates in the development of training for personnel.
- Signs off on operational personnel training books.
- Appraises the performance of personnel supervised and reviews appraisals with the Operations Manager.
- Provides performance feedback to employees to recognize strengths and provide awareness for improvement opportunities.
- Works with employees to create development plans for improvement.
- Reviews and approves shift operations schedules.
- Monitors plant operational conditions for reliability and cost optimization.
- Coordinates craft workflo w schedules on backshifts, weekends and holidays.
- Assists with reviewing and providing input for existing and new procedures, instructions and plant practices.
- Responsible for the administration and coordination of the plant switchyard switching order procedure for SGS.
- Takes a proactive approach regarding personal safety, safety of others and comply with all OSHA and SECI safety rules. Must complete all necessary online or classroom safety courses as directed. Must lead in safety briefings and meetings.
- Takes a proactive approach regarding environmental rules and regulations governing the operation of the plant. Must complete all necessary online or classroom environmental courses as directed. Required to immediately report any, and all, environmental reportable incidents.
- Other duties as applicable to the position or as assigned.
Decision Making Authority
* Expenditure Approval $25,000
* Employee Time sheet and Leave Approval
* Plant Equipment Operation
* Control Room Operators
* Plant Operators, and others as assigned
* Directs the activities of all plant personnel when Management Team personnel are offsite.
Some travel and work outside of normal business hours. Must be available for on-call duties. While working in certain areas of the plant there is the potential for exposure to hazards typical of an industrial working environment. Must be able to follow established protective measures including, wearing required personal protective equipment (PPE). Required to work rotating 12 hour shifts and must be able to work extended hours and be available for call out duties as required. Expected to remain on duty until properly relieved.
High school diploma and fifteen years operational experience in a large modern power generating plant and five years as First Line Supervisor in Operations. Responsible experience in Power Block, Supports Systems, Material Handling, Environmental Controls, Water Handling & Treatment systems, and Auxiliary Equipment is essential. Must possess a valid driver’s license.