Job Requisition Number
Licenses or Certifications:
- Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a field related to the job, plus three (3) years of experience in a field related to the job.
- Experience may substitute for education up to a maximum of four (4) years.
Notes to Applicants
Three years of experience in a field related to the job will include any of the following customer service responsibilities:
- Credit Counseling
- Direct customer service
- Answer, discuss and resolve customer requests concerning service/customer accounts
- Billing / Product resolution
- Communicates, mediates and negotiates with customers to resolve complex customer service issues
- Direct customer interaction
- Research customer accounts and provide complex information in a simple format
- Auditing of customer accounts
- Identifying, researching and resolving customer escalations
Degree in a field related to the job will include:
- Social Service
- Criminal Justice
- Liberal Arts
The City of Austin employment application is an official document; incomplete applications will not be considered. Please be sure that your application is a reflection of your entire work history. Describe your specific experience for each position. Include all job duties, responsibilities, and employment dates. Any gaps in employment must have an explanation and dates of unemployment.
Resumes will not be used to qualify for the requisition. Statements such as “see resume” will not be accepted. You may use “N/A” for fields that are not applicable. Starting salary will be based on overall relevant experience from your employment application.
The responses to the supplemental questions should reference the employment history listed in the employment history section. Once the requisition has closed, the application cannot be changed to update work history, supplemental questions, or any other information.
We reserve the right to verify high school and college education for the top candidate(s).
If you have any questions regarding your City of Austin employment application, please use the official website of the City of Austin as reference. www.austintexas.gov
If you are selected for this position, and meet the Driver Safety Standards in the City of Austin Driver Safety Program, you may drive when necessary to multiple locations as part of your regular job duties. Otherwise, you are responsible for getting to and from these locations.
Candidates selected for interview(s) may be required to complete an assessment approved by Municipal Civil Service process, Rule 4.
GOOD STANDING COA EMPLOYEES:
Employees, in Good Standing, who are candidates within the department/division that the position resides in and who meet the minimum and preferred qualifications (if any) of the position will be included in the initial interview. Department/division employee must remain in Good Standing through the Top Candidate Selection phase at which time the Good Standing status will be re-verified.
CRIMINAL HISTORY BACKGROUND CHECK:
The top candidate will be subject to a minimum 10 year criminal history background check and security threat assessment.
CLOSING OF REQUISITION:
Please note that Austin Energy may close the job posting at any time after 7 days.
$20.32 – $25.79
Position may occasionally require the employee to flex their time outside of the regular 8am-5pm schedule to work after hours. This position also requires weekend hours on a rotational basis.
Job Close Date
Type of Posting
Grant Funded or Pooled Position
5200 East Ben White
- 2 years of Social Work Experience
- 2 years of experience in Customer Home Visits
- 2 years of experience utilizing Case Management Principles
- 1 year of experience Implementing Curricula
- 1 year of experience Designing Curricula
- 1 year of experience in Public Speaking
- 1 year of experience in Program Evaluation
- Ability to travel to more than one work location.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Develop and implement a variety of programs, projects and activities.
- Coordinate with existing organizations to address community economic or social service needs.
- Conduct needs assessments and meets with community residents, leaders and community groups to identify needs and available resources.
- Collaborate with other organizations to plan and develop programs and activities or improve coordination of existing services.
- Research funding sources, develop short and long range plans, and compile informational reports.
- Serve as City representative before community groups, businesses and/or the media.
- Recruit, train, and supervise volunteers.
- Assists in the development and monitoring of project and/or program budgets
- Assists in the development of short/long range plans
- Assists in the development and implementation of operating policies and Procedures
- Ensures compliance with city and other regulatory agency requirements and policies
- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
- May provide leadership, work assignments, evaluation, training, and guidance to others.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
Knowledge of applicable processes, techniques, and methods.Knowledge of city practice, policy, and procedures.Skill in handling conflict and uncertain situations.Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing.Skill in using computers and related software applications.Skill in data analysis and problem solving.Skill in conducting presentations on behalf of a public entity. Ability to establish and maintain effective communication and working relationships with city employees and the public.Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.Ability to train others.
Criminal Background Investigation
This position has been approved for a Criminal Background Investigation.
City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or TTY (512) 974-2445.