RTI International has a call for resumes for a Program Design and Implementation Section Manager for our client, Abu Dhabi Distribution Company (ADDC). This is a proposal position and candidates must be able to work full time in Abu Dhabi.
The Demand Side Management (DSM) program targets all major customer segments and will implement education programs for the residential, commercial, government, and institutional sectors on both water and electricity; incentive programs for both electricity-using and water-using technologies; and consultation for industrial facilities on the efficient use of electricity and water.
The DSM Program Design and Implementation Section Manager is responsible for the successful design, implementation, and customer satisfaction of DSM programs. In this role, the Section Head will provide strategic leadership and direction in the development of DSM initiatives for both electricity and water efficiencies across multiple customer segments. The ideal candidate is a proven leader with experience in the Utility industry and has proven skills in program development and management.
- Direct the development and implementation of initiatives to reduce electric/water consumption in the residential, commercial, government, institutional, and industrial customer sectors in accordance with the DSM Strategy
- Manage a team that successfully works with the Customer Call Center and Branch Offices to educate customers on the benefits of the DSM initiatives, how DSM will add value to the customer, and help troubleshoot technical issues.
- Direct the research of new technologies and conservation techniques that can be developed into successful DSM initiatives.
- Develop robust business cases and implementation plans to support new DSM initiatives and/or changes to existing programs, in collaboration with program working groups and strategic partners.
- Launch and manage DSM initiatives to achieve planned customer participation rates and consumption savings within established cost targets.
- Assist with negotiating and finalizing pricing and contracts with different vendors who support the DSM initiatives.
- Coordinate the development of weekly/monthly/quarterly DSM program reports with analysis of results for presentation to senior leadership and regulators.
- Deploy team members to troubleshoot problems that occur during DSM initiative implementation to bring the program back on track.
- Oversee the implementation of the DSM Initiative pilot programs, including providing project management and technical staff resources to support programs and encouraging collaboration with both internal and external partners.
- Look for opportunities regularly to streamline/improve processes within the DSM Program Design and Implementation team.
- Build and motivate an effective and efficient DSM Program Design and Implementation team. Support the development of a culture of high performance within the business units through coaching, regular feedback, performance management, and professional development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related technical discipline (Master’s degree preferred).
- Minimum 7 years of experience in a technical leadership role of increasing responsibility
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Utility industry with demonstrated understanding of DSM programs applied to water and electricity.
- Existing local networks and high ability to engage and develop partnerships and collaborations.
- Detail- and results-oriented with the ability to effectively manage and deliver tactical operations that support the company’s strategic direction.
- Certification as a Certified Energy Manager, Pearl Qualified Professional, or LEED Accredited Professional would be beneficial.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic required.
- Expert ability to understand the concepts of energy and water efficiency, technical and financial modeling, and cost/efficiency optimization.
- Advanced financial skills for business case development, budgeting, modeling, and reporting.
- Expert verbal and written communication and presentation skills, particularly in complex, multi-stakeholder situations.
- Advanced leadership skills, including strength in understanding, developing, and motivating people towards the achievement of common goals.