RTI International has a call for resumes for a DSM Initiative Team Leader, Government for our client, Abu Dhabi Distribution Company (ADDC). This is a proposal position and candidates must be able to work full time in Abu Dhabi.
The Demand Side Management (DSM) program targets all major customer segments and will implement education programs for the residential, commercial, government, and institutional sectors on both water and electricity; incentive programs for both electricity-using and water-using technologies; and consultation for industrial facilities on the efficient use of electricity and water.
The DSM Operations Management Section Head is responsible for the administration of all the DSM programs. Daily administration functions include financial analysis, accounting, marketing, and measurement and verification (M&V). In this role, the Section Head will support all water and electric DSM programs across multiple customer segments. The ideal candidate is a proven leader with experience in the Utility industry and has proven skills in program management.
- Oversee financial analysis of DSM initiatives and cost accounting for them throughout implementation.
- Oversee development of marketing and communications programs to all customer groups to promote adoption of DSM initiatives, efficient technologies, and conservation behaviors.
- Oversee a measurement and verification (M&V) program to ensure that energy and water savings are actually achieved.
- Build and motivate an effective and efficient DSM Operations team. Support the development of a culture of high performance within the business units through coaching, regular feedback, performance management, and professional development.
- Responsible for ensuring that all DSM programs are administered effectively with a balanced focus on customer satisfaction, process efficiency, quality assurance/control, and contribution to energy-saving targets
- Continuously look for opportunities to streamline/improve program operations to reduce costs, improve customer experience, and/or increase energy savings impacts.
- Monitor program-level spending and projections to minimize risk of exceeding approved DSM program budgets.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business with an analytical orientation (MBA degree highly desirable).
- Minimum of 7 years in a program operations role of increasing responsibility.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Utility industry with demonstrated understanding of DSM programs applied to water and electricity.
- Existing local networks and high ability to engage and develop partnerships and collaborations.
- Certification as a Certified Measurement and Verification Professional (CMVP) would be beneficial.
- Detail- and results-oriented with the ability to effectively manage and deliver tactical operations that support the company’s strategic direction.
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English required.
- Advanced ability to understand the concepts of energy and water efficiency, technical and financial modeling, and cost/efficiency optimization.
- Expert financial skills for business case development, budgeting, modeling, and reporting.
- Advanced verbal and written communication and presentation skills, particularly in complex, multi-stakeholder situations.
- Advanced leadership skills, including strength in understanding, developing, and motivating people towards the achievement of common goals.