If you are looking to work alongside technical experts on all aspects of projects in the power industry, then this position is for you! SEL Engineering Services, Inc. (SEL-ES) seeks a professional, innovative and detailed individual for our Project Controller position in our Houston, TX office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Work closely with technical lead and/or Project Manager to control all aspects of project including schedule, budget, documentation, contracts, and account receivables.
2. Prepare various project reports for management, client or others to anyalyze labor hours, work performed, or other costs.
3. Management of WBS.
2. Coordinate activities on multiple projects, with project team, customers and subcontractors.
3. Assist in the development and negotiation of proposals and project cost estimates.
4. Assist in ensuring project procedure compliance and document control
5. Follow and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles.
6. Understand. Create. Simplify.
7. Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in related field
4-6 years of experience supporting project work
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including MS Project
Ability to work independently, multi-task, and prioritize
Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
Background check results satisfactory to SEL
Negative drug test result(s)
Related Master’s degree
OSHA Safety Qualification knowledge
Utility, commercial, or industrial contracts experience
Knowledge of accounting principles
Experience with Deltek Vision or other project management software
Houston, TX-This position is located in Houston, TX. Ranked America's fourth largest city, whatever your interest you will find it here. Enjoy sports teams, world class dining, and first rate entertainment. Enjoy signature Houston attractions like Space Center Houston and The Grand Opera. Escape the city with easy beach access just one hour away. Houston offers exceptional schools and universities, making it a great place to live and work.
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.
Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of résumé or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Disabled.