Project Coordinator (On-Site Energy Resources)
Job Requisition Number
On-Site Energy Resources
Licenses or Certifications:
- Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a field related to engineering, planning, architecture or related field plus three (3) years of experience in construction, engineering, architecture or related work.
- Experience may substitute for education up to a maximum of four (4) years.
- May require a valid Texas drivers license.
Notes to Applicants
The Project Coordinator in this position will support Project Managers on larger, complex projects in Power Production, the District Cooling Plant and other projects within the City of Austin Right-of-Way to connect major customers to Austin Energy’s chilled water system.
The City of Austin employment application is an official document; incomplete applications will not be considered. Please be sure that your application is a reflection of your entire work history. A detailed and complete employment application is required to help us better evaluate your qualifications and will be used to determine salary if you are selected for this position. Describe your specific experience for each position. Include all job duties, responsibilities, and employment dates. Any gaps in employment must have an explanation and dates of unemployment. Please be sure that your application is a reflection of your entire work history.
Resumes will not be accepted. Statements such as “see resume” will not be accepted. You may use “N/A” for fields that are not applicable. Starting salary will be based on overall relevant experience from your employment application. Supplemental information or changes to your application will not be accepted after the job posting closes.
The responses to the supplemental questions should reference the employment history listed in the employment history section. Once the requisition has closed, the application cannot be changed to update work history, supplemental questions, or any other information.
We reserve the right to verify high school and college education for the top candidate(s).
If you have any questions regarding your City of Austin employment application, please use the official website of the City of Austin as reference. www.austintexas.gov
VETERAN INTERVIEW PREFERENCE:
Military/Veterans must provide a copy of their DD214 verifying honorable discharge, at the time of initial interview to receive military/veteran interview preference.
$27.61 – $35.83
Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm
Job Close Date
Type of Posting
Grant Funded or Pooled Position
721 Barton Springs Rd., Austin, Texas 78704
- Project Management professional or eligible for PMP Certification and able to obtain within 6 months of hire.
- Advanced skill with Microsoft products including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Advanced skill with Microsoft Project
- Experience as a project Manager or Project Coordinator on an infrastructure/building/industrial project (planning, designing or construction)
- Experience managing consultants or contractors in a construction environment.
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Communicates project and/or program information to internal and external customers
- Assists in the development and monitoring of project and/or program budgets by completing assignments that may include processing a pay application or monitoring and updating the assigned project budget.
- Assists in the development of short/long range plans on projects or work on routine projects whereby techniques used are well known and present no unusual engineering problems.
- Assists in the development and implementation of operating policies and procedures by providing input as a team member of an established process improvement team.
- Ensures compliance with City and other regulatory agency requirements and policies by verifying that regulatory/permitting processes have been identified and permits or approvals acquired for assigned project.
- Coordinates development/reviews construction or engineering related contracts, contract documents and Developer Agreements by reviewing preparing and processing project change orders to projects if change orders are appropriate and in compliance or applying technical quality control review.
- Coordinates and evaluates plans, criteria, schedules, etc. for a variety of projects, Programs, and plans or a division and/or section activities.
- Assists in the resolution of conflicts and difficult situations by providing supporting documentation, policies and procedures.
- Develops, maintains, and improves City of Austin design and construction standards.
- Provides technical advice and assistance
- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
- May provide leadership, work assignments, evaluation, training, and guidance to others
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of basic engineering and architectural design principles, practices, procedures, and estimating techniques
- Knowledge of project accounting, architectural and construction methods and the principles, methods and practices of project management.
- Knowledge of laws, rules, regulations and codes associated with project assignment
- Knowledge of budget policies and principles
- Knowledge of contract management principles, methods, and practices
- Skill in adapting, interpreting and applying guidelines and standards
- Skill in establishing and maintaining positive relationships with internal and external customers.
- Skill in using available software packages.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, tact, and diplomacy in all public contacts.
- Ability to schedule and coordinate activities between various parties and planning specific aspects of a project.
- Ability to communicate in oral or written format to a variety of audiences
Criminal Background Investigation
This position does not require a Criminal Background Investigation
City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or TTY (512) 974-2445.