Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) seeks an experienced Project Engineer who has a strong blend of technical skills related to automation, communication, and commissioning protective relays in transmission and distribution substation environments. Successful candidates will have experience with various protection schemes including industrial protection (generator or motor protection). In this position, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with industry technical experts from around the world and develop some of the the most innovative protection and control systems in the industry.
1) Possesses, understands and applies the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of power system protection, automation and control and related products.
2) Train and assist customers with the creation, design, configuration, validation, installation, commissioning and operation of automation and/or protection systems.
3) Complete and implement assigned work within agreed upon scope, schedule and budget to a high level of quality and safety.
4) Participate in the preparation of functional design specifications.
5) Prepare and maintain detailed design documents, reports, checklists, test reports, and deliverables.
6) Follow and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles.
7) Understand. Create. Simplify.
8) Other duties as assigned.
B.S. in Electrical Engineering or relevant discipline
4+ years relevant application experience with electric power systems, industry practices, and protection practices and philosophies
Good knowledge of electric power system protection and control, integration and/or automation and communications applications
Working knowledge of electric power system design, studies, information and communication technology and protective relay applications
Willing to travel both domestically and internationally up to 60% of the time.
Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills in English
Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
Electrical utility, industrial plant, consulting engineering, or system integrator experience
Project engineering experience
Experience using SEL products
This position will be located in either of our Kazakhstan offices in Almaty or Atyrau.
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.
Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of résumé or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Disabled.