Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) seeks an Automation Engineer who has a strong technical background in the automation of electrical power systems. Successful candidates will excel in problem solving and troubleshooting and have excellent customer service, relationship building and communication skills. If you are an engineer with demonstrated experience in electric power systems and are interested in applying your skills to promote, support, and develop distribution control products and solutions that serve the electric power industry, we invite you to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Possesses, understands and applies the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of power system focus area* and related SEL products.
2. Train and assist customers with the creation, design, configuration, validation, installation, commissioning and operation of automation and/or protection systems.
3. Complete and implement assigned work within agreed upon scope, schedule and budget to a high level of quality and safety.
4. Participate in the preparation of functional design specifications.
5. Prepare and maintain detailed design documents, reports, checklists, test reports, and deliverables.
6. Follow and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles.
7. Understand. Create. Simplify.
8. Other duties as assigned.
B.S. in Electrical Engineering or relevant discipline
Good knowledge of electric power system protection and control, integration and/or automation and communications applications
Working knowledge of electric power system design, studies, information and communication technology and protective relay applications
Willing to travel both domestically and internationally a minimum of 25% based on focus area
Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
Background check results satisfactory to SEL
Negative drug test result(s)
2+ years relevant application experience with electric power systems, industry practices, and *focus area practices and philosophies
Engineer in Training certificate
Electrical utility, industrial plant, consulting engineering, or system integrator experience
Project engineering experience
Working knowledge of Vision or other project management tracking software
Focus Area Automation
Automation = software, integration and automation, industrial controls, PLCs, industry protocols (IEC-61850, DNP, Modbus), Ethernet systems, protocol analyzers, and industry SCADA practices
Lewis Center, OH- This position is located in Lewis Center, OH, located 20 miles outside of downtown Columbus. Here you will enjoy all the big city has to offer, including easy access to outdoor recreation, professional sports teams, and great universities. Centrally located in Ohio and quickly growing, you won't have to look far for great dining, shopping, and entertainment. There has never been a better time to call Lewis Center home.
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.
Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of résumé or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Disabled.