Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) seeks an Automation Engineer who has a strong technical background in the automation of electrical power systems. Successful candidates will excel in problem solving and troubleshooting and have excellent customer service, relationship building and communication skills. If you are an engineer with demonstrated experience in electric power systems and are interested in applying your skills to promote, support, and develop distribution control products and solutions that serve the electric power industry, we invite you to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as technical lead and actively participate in complex project conceptual and detail design, execution, development, and support activities crossing multiple projects in software, integration and automation, industrial controls, PLCs, industry protocols (IEC-61850, DNP, Modbus), Ethernet systems, protocol analyzers, and industry SCADA practices.
- Identify, prepare and present successful proposals for SEL equipment, services, and systems.
- Lead project teams to resolve customer concerns and foster customer satisfaction.
- Manage projects by reviewing and approving scope, schedule and budget for assignments.
- Ensure project team deliverables are within agreed upon scope, schedule and budget to a high level of quality and safety.
- Collaborate in SEL marketing, sales, application engineering and development activities.
- Mentor and develop professional staff. May supervise as necessary.
- Continuously identify, measure, and improve processes.
- Understand. Create. Simplify.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or relevant discipline
- 8+ years relevant application experience with electric power systems or industrial automation system practices
- Expert knowledge of electric power system protection and control, integration and/or automation and communications applications
- Demonstrated knowledge of electric power system design, studies, information and communication technology and protective relay applications
- Willing to travel both domestically and internationally a minimum of 25% based on focus area
- Demonstrated ability to lead and supervise project teams
- Excellent writing, documentation, and speaking skills
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Background check results satisfactory to SEL
- Negative drug test result(s)
- Professional Engineer License or equivalent certification
- Electrical utility, industrial plant, consulting engineering, or system integrator experience
- Project management experience
- Working knowledge of Vision or other project management tracking software
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.
Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of résumé or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.