Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) seeks an experienced Project Engineer who has a strong blend of technical skills related to selecting, setting, and commissioning protective relays in transmission and distribution substation environments. Successful candidates will have experience with various protection functions including distance, differential, and over-current protection. In addition, experience in industrial protection (generator or motor protection) or other sectors is preferred.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with industry technical experts from around the world and develop some of the most innovative protection and control systems in the industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Knows and applies the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of power system system protection, protective relays and their applications, settings, and testing and related SEL products.
- Train and assist customers with the installation, commissioning and operation of automation and/or protection systems, both on-site and from SEL offices.
- Performs work that is varied and may be somewhat difficult or complex.
- Complete assigned work within agreed upon schedule and budget while focusing on quality and safety.
- Support project and engineering teams in the development of project deliverables.
- Provide regular communication to SEL and customer project management, engineering, and support groups regarding project specifications.
- Document and report technical issues and malfunctions and identify/analyze any undesirable trends.
- Provide support for other SEL marketing, sales, application engineering and development activities.
- Continuously identify, measure, and improve processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or related degree
- Engineer in Training certificate or equivalent
- Two or more year’s relevant experience with electrical power systems or industrial automation system practices
- Knows and applies the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of protection, integration and/or automation applications for electric power systems
- Acceptable technical training, speaking and writing skills
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally
- Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Background check results satisfactory to SEL
- Negative drug test result(s)
- Experience with electric power transmission, distribution, and/or generation systems
- Experience being a part of project teams
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.
Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of résumé or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.