SEL Engineering Services, Inc. (SEL-ES) seeks an experienced and professional individual to join our team as a Project Engineer II – Project Manager. If you are looking for an opportunity to coordinate and assist in the management of multi-million dollar projects with internal and external teams around the globe, then this position is for you!
SEL’s corporate office is located in Eastern Washington where you'll enjoy an unmatched quality of life. Enjoy the smaller town life: country space, freedom from traffic, easy access to recreational activities in nearby mountains, rivers, and forests, as well as great schools and universities.
Project Engineer II – Project Manager
- Possesses, understands and applies knowledge and experience of power system project management and related SEL products in order to complete complex assignments.
- Lead in training and assisting customers with the creation, design configuration, validation, installation, commissioning and operation of automation and/or protection systems.
- Lead in assigning, completing and implementing work within agreed upon scope, schedule and budget to a high level of quality and safety.
- Lead others to create and finalize customer approved functional design specifications for projects.
- Assist in the identification, preparation and presentation of successful proposals for SEL equipment, services, and systems.
- Provide support for other SEL marketing, sales, application engineering and development activities.
- Mentor and develop professional staff. May supervise as necessary.
- Continuously identify, measure, and improve processes.
- Understand. Create. Simplify.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or relevant discipline
- 6+ years relevant application experience with electric power systems, industry practices, and project management practices and philosophies
- Expert knowledge of electric power system protection and control, integration and/or automation and communications applications
- Demonstrated knowledge of electric power system protection and control, integration and/or automation and communications applications
- Willing to travel both domestically and internationally a minimum of 25% based on focus area
- Demonstrated ability to lead and supervise project teams
- Excellent writing, documentation, and speaking skills
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Background check results satisfactory to SEL
- Negative drug test result(s)
- Professional Engineers License or equivalent certification
- Electrical utility, industrial plant, consulting engineering, or system integrator experience
- Project management experience
- Working knowledge of Vision or other project management tracking software
To Apply for This Position:
We ask all candidates to apply through our website at www.selinc.com/careers. If your qualifications and experience match any of our current openings, please submit your resume for that position so that you may be considered immediately.
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of resume submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, sexual orientation or gender identity, or other protected status.