NextEra Energy Resources is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description
The position will include outreach responsibilities across other regions & services in the United States as a Business Developer focused on BTM efforts. Candidate will have a chance to work independently, proactively, and resourcefully prospect, identify, and qualify relevant customer opportunities and successfully negotiate Energy Storage deals. The ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial mindset and a track record of meeting or exceeding sales quotas as well as demonstrating strong collaboration, written and verbal communication skills. Ideal candidate is expected to be able to productively leverage internal resources and cross-sell, as well as ideally bring an existing network of customers, industry experts, and channel partners to quickly build a pipeline of qualified opportunities. The candidate also has a track record of building long term relationships with internal and external stakeholders on the foundation of trust, credibility and interpersonal skills. Successful candidates will be an excellent communicator who can represent NextEra with passion, clarity and integrity. This role will sit out of our corporate office in Juno Beach, FL and will require some travel. We look forward to reviewing your application!
Employees in this role develop and execute plans for new and/or enhanced generation projects. This job is responsible for resource allocation, schedules, cost and technical adequacy, ensuring the project or transaction is completed in the most cost effective and competitive manner. This position manages all aspects of the business deal and ensures the project is completed timely and within budgetary constraints.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Manages all aspects of the day to day transaction process to ensure timely completion as well as a cost effective and competitive result
• Leads and coordinates key functions such as financial feasibility analyses, engineering/design, project legal review, permitting activities and/or financial negotiations
• Coordinates due diligence activities with other internal groups to ensure proper analysis and structuring of assigned projects
• Acts as liaison between internal and external specialists regarding procurement, contracting, permitting, and interconnection
• Constructs contractual arrangements for project development
• Negotiates agreements with consultants and subcontractors
• Ensures compliance with applicable technical and regulatory requirements
• Fosters external relationships with customers, 3rd parties and/or members of the community
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• High School Grad / GED
• Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experience
• Experience:5+ years
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Business Development
Organization: NextEra Project Mgmt (0012)
Location: Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to email@example.com, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-888-845-9731 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.