APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 22, 2019
For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. Diversity and community are at the heart of what we do for our customers and for each other. We are committed to a team that looks like the Oregon community that we know and love.
PGE team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
Project Manager, Dispatchable Standby Generation (R18-790)
In this role, you’ll provide project management for new and retrofit Dispatchable Standby Generation (DSG) projects from conception through commercial operation as well as other Customer facing projects. You’ll provide leadership and coordination in construction and commissioning activities with Customers and vendors. You’ll also work closely with multiple PGE departments, consulting engineers, construction contractors and Customers to ensure successful project completion.
You will support our journey by:
· Providing engineering and construction expertise for close coordination of equipment selection, schedule and budget. Providing guidance for projects to be carried out in a safe, timely and professional manner. Ensuring that project design, work and equipment meets or exceeds specifications while following sound engineering practices. Ensuring the project is documented properly.
· Coordinating to ensure that all work required to be performed by various PGE departments (Communications, Distribution, Sub-station engineering, Protection, EM&C, Metering, Environmental, etc.) is completed in a timely manner and on budget.
· Planning projects including construction schedules, cash flow schedules and budget adherence.
· Developing DSG project cost estimates describing both Customer costs and PGE costs which will be included in the signed DSG Agreement.
· Providing engineering advice for determination of proper maintenance for DSG project equipment (diesel generators, switchgear, etc.)
· Becoming proficient with GenOnSys monitoring and control system.
· Being willing and competent to carry the DSG 24/7 pager to address all issues and Customer questions during off hours (pager duties will be shared among 4-7 people).
· Evaluating suitability and making recommendations for selection/non-selection of competing switchgear and control equipment regarding practicality, availability, efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
· Evaluating the experience, historical performance and completed work of consultants, construction contractors and maintenance contractors, regarding their abilities and suitability for specific project work. Making recommendations as to selection/non-selection of these contractors.
· Identifying prospective DSG Customers and work with the appropriate Key Customer Managers to communicate the benefits of participation in the DSG program with Customers.
You will bring the following skills to our team:
· Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering or equivalent experience
· 3-5 years of experience managing mechanical/electrical projects, with experience as a Project Manager or leading interdisciplinary teams in construction of mechanical/electrical systems
· Thorough understanding of diesel engines and generators
· Experience with Invensys Archestra suite, Power Measurement Ltd., PLCs and control systems preferred.
· Excellent negotiation, analytical, organizational and human relationship skills.
· Thorough knowledge of job planning and problem evaluation techniques
· Proficient with electrical wiring and schematic diagrams
· Able to manage multiple priorities and meet required deadlines
· Valid driver’s license and a history of safe driving practices
· Ability to climb ladders, work in tight places and hot and noisy conditions. Potentially hazardous conditions due to proximity of electrical generators and switchgear
· Ability to develop relationships based on mutual goal setting with other organizations and individuals both internal and external to PGE
Join us today and power your potential!
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R18-790. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Talent Acquisition Contact:
Connect with us on Twitter (twitter.com/PortlandGeneral),
Facebook (facebook.com/portlandgeneralelectric) and
THIS IS AN INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING