Local Unit & Position Description
DNV GL - Energy is seeking a Project Manager to join our team. The successful candidate will possess strong project management and quantitative research skills with the ability to perform data organization, analysis, and reporting for project work in the energy utility industry. This candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills with proven experience engaging with technical and non-technical clients, colleagues and other stakeholders to understand data challenges and propose solutions. Experience with energy efficiency, load growth, and market research are desirable. This position is based out of our Nashville, TN office.
Tasks May Include
- Work on project-based teams in the delivery of program evaluations, research studies, data management, and other project work related to end-user energy use
- Lead, mentor, and develop a team of quantitative researchers and consultants
- Collaborate with other members of the management team sharing knowledge and ideas in support of innovation and customer satisfaction
- Prepare client deliverables including memos, reports, and presentations
- Interpret the results of data analyses to produce concise, meaningful conclusions and recommendations for client-facing reports and professional papers
- Identify opportunities for adding value and developing innovative approaches for our clients
- Develop and maintain products that deliver data visualizations/reports to enable users to grasp concepts, identify patterns, and make better business decision
- Support colleagues in the design, implementation and delivery of research and analytical projects
- Review for quality, analyze and document the content, structure and gaps for data from a variety sources, including but not limited to energy efficiency program data, billing data, survey data, energy usage data, interval load data, demographic data and weather data
- Maintain existing programmed analyses; identify enhancements; track and promote usage across company
- Troubleshoot issues with data import, export, merge and analysis
- Design and develop processes to implement automated approaches for data handling and quality review tasks
- Revise data inputs derived from disparate data sources to use in analytical tools for program evaluation and market characterization studies, and preparing models for analysis
- Develop expertise with energy utility data including interval and load data, customer interactions data, and others
- Bachelor's degree in statistics, econometrics, engineering, or a related field required
- At least 5 years of applied professional experience required
- At least 3 years of demonstrated project management experience leading all phases of execution (planning, research, analysis, and reporting) required
- Experience in a consulting environment and/or the energy utility industry related to energy efficiency, load growth, utility customer engagement, systems/platforms, DSM, or demand response programs preferred
- Expertise in SAS, R, Python, STATA, Power BI, Tableau, and/or SQL preferred
- Attention to detail
- A positive, team-oriented attitude and professional demeanor
- Proven ability to:
- Manage own time and workload effectively with colleagues and meet deadlines
- Contribute meaningfully to team efforts to achieve group and company goals while providing insight, enthusiasm, and support
- Act as a role model for otherS through your leadership, mentorship, and sharing of knowledge and skills
- Conduct self in a professional manner, including in written and verbal communications
- Communicate proactively and effectively with staff at all levels to find information, learn new skills, troubleshoot problems, and address complex issues
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with colleagues and clients
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Willingness to travel, within the United States, up to 10%
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
**Immigration-related benefits (for example, visa sponsorship) are not available for this position**
Company & Business Area Description
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!