Location(s): CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis; TX - Amarillo
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Standard Operations Position. Provide project management, leadership and coordination for one or more projects or project work streams. Responsible for overall project scope, schedule, cost and risk management. Leads team to achieve approved project scope, develops strategic sequencing and detailed milestone schedules, project-level cost tracking and reconciliation. Coordinates development of detailed cost estimates, schedules and associated project RFP’s, RFQ’s, contracts, etc. Responsible for leading projects through all internal and external processes. Manages the project scope, schedule and closely plans and manages all project costs. Ensures availability or seeks out adequate resources for projects.
- Project Management: Prepare and produce project management reports, timelines, budgets, and documentation as guided by project or program manager. Independently manage and build project plan deliverables on smaller projects and contribute to larger projects. Provide tracking of large project plans. Identify plan gaps and develop closure plans. Ensure the successful completion of assigned project deliverables & milestones in a dynamic/complex environment.
- Financial Management: Assist with management of project financials including budgeting, forecasting, and actuals tracking. Support RFP and contract management processes. Review actuals versus planned budget during project life cycle to identify deviations, research reason for deviation and recommend corrective action. Ensure timely project closure, payment and reconciliation.
- Resource Management: Manage resources, both internal and external. Manage assigned contracts and associated payments and performance requirements. Manage a comprehensive resource plan for a matrixed team of diverse talent to maximize skills and minimize cost.
- Project Planning: Define deliverables and required delivery dates. Facilitate the involvement of all key stakeholders in requirements gathering and planning process. Develop solution design that encompasses the entire project scope, and secure all required approvals (internal, external, etc.). Develop viable work plans/WBS, milestone schedules, and project cost/benefit estimates.
- Scope & Risk Management: Manage project scope change process. Identify risks and issues throughout the project lifecycle steps and assist in creation of mitigation strategies and contingency plans.
- Relationship Management: Communicates project status to all levels of the organization. Establish effective, collaborative working relationships to maximize project efficiency, responsiveness and resource allocation.
- Minimum 5 (8 required for PM II, 10 required for PM III) years work experience in operations, technology, finance, or comparable function; utility experience preferred
- BS Engineering, Construction, Business, Information Technology or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3 -5 (5-7 required for PM II, 10 required for PM III) years’ experience in project management and process improvement; some formal project management training preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence others
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills; excellent written/verbal communications skills required
- Understanding of core business processes/ industry trends with ability to understand/apply ongoing changes
- Knowledge of project planning and business need justification process and methodology
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and work within a diverse, cross-functional team environment
- Vendor/contract management experience preferred
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis; TX - Amarillo || United States (US) || Customer And Innovation || 55300:Entrprse Transformation Office || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 16923
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org