Location(s): CO - Denver; MN - St Paul
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Standard Operations Position. Provide end-to-end project management, leadership and coordination for large complex projects or as a part of a transformational project work stream with responsibility for project scope, schedule, cost and risk management. Ensure alignment of financial and operational goals between projects and the business unit. Provide work team direction to achieve approved project scope, develop strategic sequencing and detailed milestone schedules, project-level cost tracking and reconciliation. Ensure availability or seek out adequate resources for projects. This position can be filled in Denver, CO or in St. Paul, MN.
- Financial Management: Function as project controller. Manage project financials including budgeting, forecasting, and actuals tracking. Facilitate RFP and contract management processes. Review actuals versus planned budget throughout project life cycle to identify variances and recommend corrective action. Ensure timely project closure, payment and reconciliation.
- Project Planning: Lead requirements gathering and planning process for approved projects while engaging all key stakeholders. Develop solution design that defines the entire project scope, and secure all required internal/external approvals. Ensure coordination with other initiatives, assuring dependencies are identified and addressed. Define deliverables and required delivery dates; develop viable work plans/WBS, milestone schedules, and project cost/benefit estimates.
- Project Management: Independently manage detailed project plans to approved scope and provide cross-functional tracking as needed. Identify plan gaps and develop closure plans. Ensure the successful completion of assigned project deliverables & milestones in a dynamic/complex environment.
- Resource Management: Manage resources, both internal and external. Manage assigned contracts and associated payments and performance requirements. Develop and adapt a comprehensive resource plan for a matrixed team of diverse talent to maximize skills and minimize cost. Provide mentoring and guidance to less experienced project team members.
- Scope & Risk Management: Manage scope change request process for project. Identify risks and issues throughout the project lifecycle and create mitigation strategies and contingency plans.
- Relationship Management: Communicate project status to all levels of the organization. Establish effective, collaborative working relationships to maximize project efficiency, responsiveness and resource allocation.
- Minimum 8 years work experience in operations, technology, finance, or comparable function; utility experience preferred.
- BS Engineering, Construction, Business, Information Technology or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5-7 years’ experience in project management and process improvement; some formal project management training preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence others, informal leadership experience and training skills preferred.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills; excellent written/verbal communications skills required.
- Understanding of core business processes/ industry trends with ability to interpret/apply ongoing changes .
- Knowledge of project planning and business need justification process and methodology.
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and work within a diverse, cross-functional team environment.
- Vendor/contract management experience preferred.
- PMP certification preferred.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver; MN - St Paul || United States (US) || Operations || 41462:Gas Standards XS || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 19500
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org