Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) seeks a Project Manager who has a strong blend of project management, commercial acumen, leadership and problem-solving skills. Successful candidates will have experience with managing end to end multiple large-scale automation and protection power projects with excellent communication and relationship management skills. If you are Project Manager with demonstrated experience in electric power systems and are interested in applying your skills to promote, support, and develop distribution control products and solutions that serve the electric power industry, we invite you to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify, lead, and direct team resources.
- Plan and control all aspects of a project such as scope, schedule, and budget.
- Develop and manage customer relationships.
- Successfully manage financial and technical aspects of projects.
- Manage proposal efforts and successfully negotiate proposal/contracts to award.
- Communicate with SEL Management and the project team.
- Effectively use project management tools.
- Supervisory and other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for environmental, health and safety leadership, maintaining a safe workplace, safety awareness and training, accident investigations and reporting, and implementing safe and environmentally sound work practices.
- Understand. Create. Simplify.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in related field
- 4-6 years project management experience
- Strong leadership ability
- Knowledge of MS Office and PM tools and practices
- PMP certification or equivalent
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and prioritize
- Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Background check results satisfactory to SEL
- Negative drug test result(s)
- Knowledge of electric power system protection, integration, and automation practices
- Bachelors of Science degree
- Knowledge of MS Project
- Knowledge of Deltek Vision software
- Project management or leadership training
- Two years of consulting engineering experience
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.
Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of résumé or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.