Local Unit & Position Description
Do you have a passion for wind energy? Does the opportunity to work for a world leader in renewable energy excite you? Then this position may be right for you.
DNV GL - Energy is seeking an Offshore Wind Project Manager. This position is responsible for the management and development of owner’s engineering projects and contracts with an emphasis on the Atlantic market. DNV GL is specifically seeking a candidate with a strong background in managing offshore wind development activities or in-water work. This position will be customer-facing, with significant opportunities for leadership and autonomy in the day to day management of projects. This position is based at our office in Medford, MA.
Tasks May Include
- Act as Project Manager for multi-disciplinary projects, interfacing with Customers, maintaining quality from sales through delivery, and delivering on DNV GL’s comprehensive service offerings from pre-feasibility phase through to decommissioning.
- The Offshore Wind Project Manager will be responsible for multiple client interactions including scoping, status reporting, and discussion and review of project deliverables
- Responsible for business development activities, identifying opportunities in the local market, maintaining the required network of contacts, and providing key market intelligence to help develop services according to the local industry needs
- Support technical advisory services for offshore projects under development, which may include earliest phases of lease area evaluation; market, partnering, and competitor analysis; RFP preparation; permit and study preparation; managing civil and electrical engineering studies; managing wind resource assessment and measurement campaigns; due diligence and project evaluations; etc.
- Interface with and motivate project team members from multiple technical disciplines and departments, employing technical acuity, knowledge, and imparting experience to effectively communicate scopes and critical project success factors independently
- Prepare and deliver technical reports, presentations and discuss methodologies and results with Customers
- Other typical duties may include managing (or self-performing) renewable energy project preliminary design activities; site assessment; assessing need for and selling power systems planning and grid interconnection services; understanding energy estimates and associated methodologies; technology evaluation and risk assessment; EPC contract evaluation, selection, and monitoring; technical report writing; site inspections; technical contract review; CapEX and OpEX benchmarking; operations and maintenance review; financial modeling and review; understanding regulatory compliance; construction monitoring; and travel to client and remote sites
- Participate in industry events as well as local and global internal R&D projects related to DNV GL’s offshore wind business
Company & Business Area Description
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Concentration in a STEM field preferred
- Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience required, 3 of which are in the offshore wind, onshore wind, or offshore energy
- Excellent project management skills are required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus
- Candidates must have a general understanding of offshore wind technology components, development lifecycle, procurement processes and project costs, and relevant stakeholders and industry decision makers
- Candidate must have a well-developed network of contacts within the northeastern US and North American wind energy industry
- Candidate must demonstrate experience working on offshore wind energy projects in North America, or similar other renewable energy or offshore/in-water infrastructure projects
- We are looking for a self-starter, able to generate and contract new business, manage projects entirely independently, train and develop junior staff, manage sensitive and confidential customer information, and have the ability to understand when to delegate and escalate tasks and issues as they arise
- Willingness and ability to travel 20% of the time, both domestic and international
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail are a must
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills
- The ability to comfortably explain complicated analysis methodologies or results, scopes of work, budget or contracting terms, and other relevant offshore wind technical topics to a wide range of audiences is essential
- We conduct pre-employment background and drug screening
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!