SRP is one of the largest public power and water utilities in the U.S. providing electricity to approximately one million customers in the greater metropolitan Phoenix area. Since its founding in 1903, SRP has fostered a culture of stewardship and customer service consistently ranking as an industry leader in customer service according to J.D. Power. SRP continues to adapt to its changing business environment by seeking innovative ways to reimagine utility service and the provision of critical resources essential to the life and economy of Arizona.
Phoenix-based SRP, one of the nation's largest public power and water utility is recruiting for a Quality Assurance Developer to join its growing Web and Mobile application development team.
As a Quality Assurance Developer, you will be helping to build and mature a new QA function within the team. Your responsibilities will include: Creating detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and automated test cases; Estimating, prioritizing, planning and coordinating quality testing activities; Identifying and documenting product problems or defects using the teams bug tracking systems. You will work with a team of Web and/or Mobile Application Developers who share the same commitment to the customer as you do and are dedicated to making the SRP online and mobile experience an industry leader. You should have strong technical and analytical skills and embrace collaboration.
• Work closely with our Web and/or Mobile Application Developers to improve software quality during development in order to deliver superior-quality web and mobile-based solutions.
• Review and/or participate in the creation of product requirements and specifications in order to foresee potential issues and provide input related to testing.
• Use best practices and test automation software programs to create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
• Test product functionality, content, user friendliness, performance and be able to evaluate results and compare those results with predicted outcomes.
• Identify and document product problems or defects using teams bug tracking systems.
• Create reports and presentations on the identified problems or defects so they can be presented to the business and/or development teams.
• Work independently and in a team
Completion of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution that prepares the employee for the assignment.
Promotion to Level 2 requires a minimum of two years of experience at Level 1; demonstrated capability to perform advanced and more difficult work as determined by the supervisor. Promotion to Senior Level requires a minimum of three-years of experience at Level 2; is fully competent in all aspects of functional area of assignment and as such would be recognized as a specialist in area of assignment and may have periodic or occasional lead responsibilities.
• BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or other technical field, plus a minimum of two years related experience is preferred.
• Prior working experience as QAE for web and/or mobile applications
• Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
• Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
• Experience with agile development methodologies
• Experience testing across multiple browsers and platforms
• Experience working in a distributed architecture environment
• Experience in software development
• Experience with performance and/or security testing
• Understanding of SQL and scripting
• Understanding of mobile technologies (Java, Swift)
• Understanding of responsive web design
Successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
• Positive influence on team members.
• Uses energy, innovation, and leadership to solve problems.
• Shows strong level of initiative to accomplish goals efficiently and effectively.
• Shares information with team members.
• Acts in a positive and professional manner when acting as a departmental representative
• Must have excellent verbal & written communication and interpersonal skills
• Must be detail oriented and have excellent time management & organization skills
Requisition ID: 9340
EOE - SRP encourages a diverse workforce
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Currently, SRP does not sponsor H1B visas.
Why Work at SRP
SRP's success is rooted in our employees' happiness, health and safety. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and enhance their well-being. In addition to competitive pay and performance incentives, eligible employees can take advantage of the following benefits:
• 401(k) plan with employer matching
• Retirement pension
• Paid vacation
• Parental leave
• Holiday pay
• Sick leave
• Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
• Wellness programs
• Pre-tax benefits
• Short and long-term disability plans
• Tuition assistance