Location(s): CO - Denver
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Develop, maintain, support and enhance risk systems using industry best practices. Develop and support valuation, risk management and P&L tool development and deployment. Optimize risk system processes and methods to maximize reliability, accuracy and timeliness in the demanding and fast-paced trade floor operations environment.Essential Responsibilities
- Develop, maintain, enhance and document a consistent code library to be used across the business.
- Front and back end technology implementation and development following coding, testing and deployment best practices.
- Develop, maintain and oversee risk system quality control including overnight batch process checks, regression testing, etc. Promptly debug and fix production code to meet trade floor operational and control requirements.
- Develop, maintain and optimize large data set management, data transfer and risk system model parameterization processes.
- Develop and implement plan to enhance reliability, timeliness and accuracy of existing risk system.
- Develop and implement new technology platforms as required.
- Coordinate with and review results of general support IT, efficiently dividing labor.
- Master’s Degree in a numerate discipline, such as computer science, mathematics, engineering, physics or similar quantitative field.
- PhD preferred.
- Two years of development experience.
- Experience in scripting, debugging and maintaining code base in several languages.
- Preference for Python, C++/C# and SQL.
- Experience with modern technology platforms, infrastructure and API’s.
- Self-starter with rigorous approach to problem solving.
- Works efficiently and effectively in demanding, fast paced energy trading environment.
- Knowledge of Triplepoint CXL, SAS Bookrunner, Morningstar Curve Manager and IBM ESB.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver || United States (US) || CFO Organization || 25275:Risk Strategy & Control & Cred || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 16862
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com