Provides asset optimization services including; portfolio management, system monitoring, resource scheduling, and the execution of real-time energy transactions on behalf of The Energy Authority and its Members and Partners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Simultaneously manages portfolios in real-time for multiple clients
- Forecasts hourly loads
- Analyzes energy and transmission alternatives to optimize profits and ensure delivery
- Interacts with the market participants to develop, negotiate, and execute opportunistic business transactions that create value for the company
- Evaluates the current value of thermal and storage resources relative to the market
- Evaluate market conditions and develop trading strategies to optimize the use of available resources
- Coordinate client and intra-TEA communications on power supply needs and transactions
- SCADA alarm system
- Real-time system metering
- Scheduling of energy and reserve transactions
- Tagging of energy transactions
- Manage transmission reservations and negotiate transmission sales / purchases
- Pro-actively pursues transmission opportunities on behalf of Members, Partners and TEA
- Coordinate between clients, counterparties, control areas and transmission providers to ensure the reliable receipt and delivery of power
- Client's resource and obligation mix
- Current tagging methodologies and requirements
- Current scheduling methodologies and requirements
- Current applications, web sites, spreadsheets and other tools needed to effectively manage the portfolios under their control
- Data Entry Tasks
- Accurately records purchase and sale transactions on appropriate blotters or trade tickets and ensures that all necessary transaction details are entered into TEA’s deal capture system
- Obtains market discoveries and market clearing prices
- Confirms hourly transactions, including total MWh’s, transaction price, Point of Receipt or Point of Delivery with counter-parties in order to ensure accuracy
- Work on a rotating 12-hour shift to provide trading coverage on a 7/24/365 day basis and be prepared to provide trading support during natural disasters, at back up facility, and/or team related emergencies.
- This position may be called on to fill in for other trading floor positions (Support Specialist, Day-Ahead Power Management Specialist, etc.) when needed.
- Provide training and support to new traders and support specialists about TEA business practices, processes, and procedures.
- Ensure that all relevant aspects including energy price, transmission, counter party contractual and credit limits terms, are in compliance with TEA’s and member risk policies (if applicable).
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelors’ degree from a four year accredited college or university required, advanced degree a plus. Previous experience in the energy industry and with trade capture systems is a plus.
- Critical thinking
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Technical design
- Project-related work
- Issue management
- Customer Focus