Powered by our employees, SEL seeks an energized advocate for our Regional Government Affairs Manager based in West Lafayette, Indiana. Join our team today!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Educate and inform state policy makers, state agency officials and state organizations regarding SEL impacts of regulation, laws and policy.
2. Identify, analyze and make strategic recommendations on public policy issues primarily impacting SEL operations in the region.
3. Build, manage relationships and act as a liaison with state officials, staff and local and regional policymakers and government entities.
4. Manage relationships with various regional trade associations and other industry stakeholders; drive policy development with these groups towards SEL's legislative and regulatory policies.
5. Regularly update SEL employees/leaders regarding possible, imminent and current applicable government impacts on company business.
6. Serve as an integral and participative member of SEL government affairs team.
7. Always advocate for free, flat, fair and open business environments
8. Follow and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing principles.
9. Understand. Create. Simplify.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor of Arts degree in related field
7+ years in government relations, public affairs or similar field or related industry
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically PowerPoint and Word
Willingness to travel approximately 30% of the time
Superior written and verbal communication skills
Desire and proven ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
Background check results satisfactory to SEL
Negative drug test result(s)
This position is located in West Lafayette, Indiana.
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.
Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of résumé or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.