Location(s): CO - Denver
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Administer the rules, regulations, practices, and procedures of the regulatory agencies that have jurisdiction over Xcel's operations in a manner that ensures compliance with regulatory requirements. Responsible for acting as Xcel's liaison with regulators and for promoting positions that support Xcel's corporate and business unit strategic objectives.
- Attend regulatory agency functions such as open meetings, workshops, and hearings with issues of interest to Xcel. Initiate and maintain high level of credibility and interface with Staff members of regulatory agencies and be able to discuss a wide range of issues related to each jurisdiction. Prepare summaries of regulatory activities and position papers; make oral briefings to executives, management, and employees.
- Interpret tariffs, commission rules and procedures, and apply corporate policy regarding tariff provisions to ensure corporate compliance with regulatory rules and procedures. Identify and track compliance requirements in Xcel's jurisdictions; make compliance filings as required.
- Maintain master regulatory reporting, filing, and related customer communication and system requirements for assigned jurisdictions. Maintain status report of all filed cases and provide report(s) to internal customers.
- Provide accurate, timely calendars of events; post meeting, workshop reports, tariffs, and other regulatory affairs materials on the internal Intranet; coordinate external internet postings; participate in workshops and draft written comments as assigned.
- Develop and prepare compliance tariffs, applications, advice letters, legal notices, and reports for filing and approval with regulatory agencies.
- Administer customer protection regulations and seek resolution of all formal customer complaints filed with regulatory agencies by researching complaint, negotiating with customers and regulators, preparing formal responses, and directing preparations for litigated complaint proceedings.
- BA/BS in Regulatory Policy, Business, English, or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- A minimum of three years experience in a similar role preferred.
- Strong computer skills, and demonstrated experience with software such as Word, Excel, Access, and FrontPage.
- Experience with Documented preferred.
- Requires day travel, periodic overnight travel, and frequent overtime.
- Project Management experience
- Utility industry experience
- Legal experience
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver || United States (US) || Utilities Group || 70457:PSCo Regulatory Administration || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 17204
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com