Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories Engineering Services (SEL-ES) seeks a Relay Commissioning Technician who wishes to work in a fast paced and ever changing high tech environment. If you have demonstrated successful experience in manual dexterity, the ability to multi-task, and possess process improvement skills, we invite you to consider joining our innovative team.
- Participate in the planning, design, testing, installation, commissioning, and maintenance of electrical power systems.
- Develop and maintain a moderate level of knowledge in the detail design practices of SEL protection and automation systems.
- Develop and maintain a moderate level of knowledge surrounding of Engineering Services quality standards, processes and procedures.
- Write and/or conduct tests in support of department objectives. Document and report malfunctions and identify/analyze undesirable trends.
- Provide regular communication and timely reports to engineering staff, leadership and customers regarding commissioning activities.
- Work in a safe, healthful and environmentally sound manner, report accidents and unsafe conditions promptly, and perform ergonomic exercises to reduce likelihood of injuries.
- Continuously identify, measure, and improve processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree in Electrical Engineering Technology or trade school certification/training
- Two years working experience in one or more of the following areas surrounding electrical power systems: planning, design, testing, installation, commissioning, maintenance
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematic drawings
- Ability to provide technical service and/or engineering support in an engineering environment
- Possess basic knowledge of standards, codes and regulations specific to electrical power systems.
- Familiarity with modern test equipment such as OMICRON or Doble
- Ability to work independently, accepting ownership of assigned responsibilities
- Ability to work with others in supplying information and seeking assistance as necessary
- Interface positively and productively with internal and external customers and colleagues
- Willing to travel up to 75%.
- Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Background check results satisfactory to SEL
- Negative drug test result(s)
- Ability to write automated test plans for testing protective devices
- Ability to work in outside environments with varying climates
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, bend, squat, climb, and use arm and hand movements
- Ability to carry tools and to handle materials and equipment of up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work at heights on lifts, stepladders and/or extension ladders
This position is located in Fairview Heights, IL. Located just 15 minutes from downtown St Louis. A quick Metrorail trip to the city will allow you to enjoy all that the big city has to offer. Including professional sports teams, first rate entertainment, and great universities. Enjoy local shops, easy access to parks, and great dinning. Fairview Heights is a city rich in history, and values community, making it the perfect place to live and work.
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.
Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of résumé or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.