Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) seeks a Reliability Engineer to apply the science of quality to interesting challenges in an effort to “Make Electric Power Safer, More Reliable and More Economical”. People throughout the world now rely on our products to help them efficiently and safely receive/deliver power as economically as possible. If you are looking for an opportunity as a Reliability Engineer spending time identifying, understanding and potentially solving challenging reliability challenges, this position is for you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide reliability deliverables for product development projects. (FMEA, CA, Reliability Projection or other pertinent analyses)
2. Conduct product risk assessments on new products.
3. Develop reliability plans and acceptance criteria for new products. Consider end-user product requirements and ensure that test plans include these requirements.
4. Analyze field failure information and report opportunities for improvement to product owners.
5. Review Engineering Change Orders for quality and reliability impact.
6. Document and follow area processes.
7. Model, Teach and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operation, and World Class Manufacturing Principles
8. Continuously identify, measure, and improve processes.
9. Other duties as assigned.
B.S. in Electrical Engineering or Physics, or related experience
Three years of experience in a Quality or Reliability discipline
Strong problem solving skills
Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
Background check results satisfactory to SEL
Negative drug test result(s)
Management of an engineering development or product validation group
Working knowledge of HALT and HASS principles
Familiarity with Reliasoft or Wind Chill reliability software
Working knowledge of physics of failure analysis
ASQ certified CRE, CQE or similar
Pullman, WA- SEL’s corporate office is located in Eastern Washington where you'll enjoy an unmatched quality of life. Enjoy the smaller town life: country space, freedom from traffic, easy access to recreational activities in nearby mountains, rivers, and forests, as well as great schools and universities.
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.
Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of résumé or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Disabled.